Top Ten Tuesday #20: Top Ten Best Reads of 2014

Tuesday 16 December 2014

-Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by Broke and Bookish, where
bloggers share their overall favourites and other top ten bookish things.-

Top Ten Best Reads of 2014

   Wow—I just can't believe that we're at this post already! It seems like the year has passed by so quickly, I feel like it was just New Year's Eve of 2013! Now, this is probably going to be the most difficult post of Top Ten Tuesday that I've ever written because I've just read so many amazing books this year that I can't seem to forget about, and I'm sure I never will. Here are the top ten *sniffs* books that were released this year and that I loved. :) 

       By the way, the crazy thing is as I'm writing this post, there are 58 books shelved on my Goodreads under the list, "2014-favourites." THIS IS GOING TO BE HELL, PEOPLE. (Each book is loved the same way!)

1.   The Kiss of Deception, by Mary E. Pearson


    I honestly loved everything about this book. Its concept was so unique and diverse. UGH I NEED MORE.

2.   The Impossible Knife of Memory, by Laurie Halse Anderson


    This book dealt with so many issues that I've always dreamt that a contemporary novel would. This is the third book that I've read of Anderson's, and it's probably better than all.

3.   Faking Normal, by Courtney C. Stevens


     If you remember my review for this, I was fangirling so much. This was probably one of the best dark-contemporaries that I've ever read, and it can definitely compare to Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak.

4.   City of Heavenly Fire, by Cassandra Clare


     Cassandra Clare is my most favourite author, so how can I not include one of her books? This was the glorious end to my favourite series that expanded my love to fantasy. I will always miss Jace, Clary and Simon. :(

5.    Dissonance, by Erica O'Rourke


       *sighs* I'M STILL SO OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK AND IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A HALF YEAR SINCE I'VE READ IT. I'm going to re-read it soon. And the amazing thing is that it was my first ever physical ARC. :)

6.    The One, by Kiera Cass


     When I read this, I LITERALLY DIED. I finished it on release day and I cried and shook myself and cried some more. THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING FOR ME. The Selection trilogy was my life, and now we've found out that there's more!

7.     The Ring and the Crown, by Melissa de la Cruz


      Here's another book that's also my life at the moment. I binge read it and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks. It was like Game of Thrones with 50x of more romance. :)

8.    A Mad Wicked Folly, by Sharon Biggs Waller


       OMG MY MOST FAVOURITE HISTORICAL FICTION STORY IN THE WORLD AHHHHHHHH. Yeah, this is probably the only historical fiction that I love so dearly much and I miss reading. YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE, OKAY? OKAY.

9.     Dorothy Must Die, by Danielle Paige


        Only Wizard of Oz retelling that I've read and the only one that I will and will adore for the rest of time. This was perfection, and it's all because of a group on Goodreads that got me into it! 

10.    This Star Won't Go Out, by Esther Earl & Family + JOHN GREEN


      This was the book of 2014. This is my idol. Esther Earl is such an amazing story, and I would read her story over and over again. IT WAS THE BOOK I CRIED THE MOST TO THIS YEAR.

And of course, how could I forget this one?

Isla and the Happily Ever, by Stephanie Perkins


      This was probably the best book of the year. It surpasses everything, hehe. I LOVE YOU, JOSH, ISLA, AND STEPHANIE!
~~~

       Wow. I'm still shocked that we're here, at this time of the year. I've read so many amazing books that have changed my life for the better. If I could, I would've added all 58 gorgeous books onto here. IT WAS SO MIGHTY DIFFICULT, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. Books are life, books are everything.

:) What were your most favourite books of the year?

8 comments :

  1. Yay I have City of Heavenly Fire and Isla too! Some of these I've been looking at for ages but still haven't read :( Top ten is too hard, I feel like I'm missing a whole bunch of great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That's what I honestly find with everyone's lists—there's always at least two that I planned on reading but I haven't yet! THERE'S SO MANY OTHER FIVE STAR BOOKS, I'M DYING.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I need to read The Kiss of Deception, Dissonance and The Ring and the Crown. It bothers me that I didn't get around to reading them. I definitely enjoyed many, many books in 2014, but Istill feel like I missed some big ones. I can't believe I made my list without including City of Heavenly Fire on it. If I could have done a top twenty it would have been there. I loved The One and Dorothy Must Die.

    Here's my TTT

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There were so many other books that I originally planned on reading and then... NOPE. Sadly it didn't happen, haha. I WANTED TO ADD SO MANY MORE! I should've done like 50. That would've been enough.

      Delete
  3. I also loved A Mad Wicked Folly, Isla and City of Heavenly Fire! Some of those books are in my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiss of Deception, This Star Won't Go Out and Faking Normal are all books I really want to read! I have read City of Heavenly Fire and I found it to be an awesome ending to a series I loved so much. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all babies, I tell you. I'm tearing because these were all so amazing! <33 How can we not mention COHF? THAT'S A MUST, I TELL YOU.

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!