Mind = Blown: Amazing Facts About This Weird, Hilarious, Insane World by Matthew Santoro // I Love Facts!

Sunday 16 July 2017
Mind = Blown: Amazing Facts About This Weird, Hilarious, Insane World, by Matthew Santoro
Publication: August 9, 2016, by Penguin Canada
Genre: Non-Fiction
Pages: 256
Format: ARC
Source: Publisher
Rating: 

Matthew Santoro's originality and humour has attracted millions of fans, making him a beloved YouTube star. His weekly videos on amazing and little-known facts are eagerly anticipated by his many subscribers and followers around the world. In his first-ever book, Matthew's love of weird and wacky knowledge explodes with new facts and stories from around the planet, and beyond. Surprising, and always entertaining, Mind = Blown offers even more of Matthew's unique take on this hilarious, crazy world:
The most ridiculous laws from past and present
Crazy doppelgangers of people, places, and unexpected things
Historical wizards who actually lived
Real-life animal avengers
And a special section: Japan Blows My Mind!
From shin-kicking competitions and beer pong-playing robots, to enormous fire-balls shooting through space, you won't believe what you'll discover in Mind = Blown. But beware: there is too much astounding trivia for any one mind to contain!

My Thoughts:

Mind = Blown is one of the most interesting non-fiction books I have read. I normally only read non-fiction for school, for research papers and whatnot, but in this case, I was more than excited to request YouTuber Matthew Santoro's fact book and give it a go. It has been sitting in my shelves for the longest time, and I decided to pick it up because I wanted a quick read. A read that is satisfying enough that wouldn't make me bored. Or make my head hurt. This definitely had its span of ridiculous facts, however it was funny and entertaining (for the most part) at the same time. I will certainly remember some of the weird things for a long time.

This took me about two sittings to finish, and I admit that the four star rating exists because I had to skip over some chapters that did not interest me. I am not the biggest fan of mythology, so, naturally, I skipped over that chapter after trying to give it a go. But, I must say that the most memorable one was the one about pets and how they understand more than we humans do. Ah. The perfect way to describe this book is it being a perfect amount of everything we are searching for.








Mind = Blown really blew my mind. It's a feel-good read that everyone should pick up to take a break from our deep, hardcore fiction. Go for it as soon as possible!


*A review copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for a honest review. Thank you so much!*


Are there any good *different* non-fiction books around that you've read?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!