I, Witness by Niki Mackay // Not My Kind of Mystery Tale

Thursday 18 July 2019
I, Witness (Madison Attallee #1), by Niki Mackay
Publication: April 19, 2018, by Orion
Genre: Adult Fiction, Mystery
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Rating: ½

They say I'm a murderer.
Six years ago, Kate Reynolds was found holding the body of her best friend; covered in blood, and clutching the knife that killed her.
I plead guilty.

Kate has been in prison ever since, but now her sentence is up. She is being released.
But the truth is, I didn't do it.

There's only one person who can help: Private Investigator Madison Attalee, the first officer on the scene all those years ago.
But there's someone out there who doesn't want Kate digging up the past. Someone who is willing to keep the truth buried at any cost.

My Thoughts:

I personally was not a fan of I, Witness. This was a boring, slow novel that took a lot of willpower to plow through. I found it quite predictable and uninteresting; I wasn't able to form a connection with the characters and novel to the extent that I hoped for and often do when I read mystery novels. I can't really comprehend or explain why, but this book was not my cup of tea.

I did not despise it; I found myself really liking the characters, but there was a lack of realness to them. I didn't see them as real characters who I could imagine walking in this world at this moment. You see, I probably initially imagined this book to be a psychological thriller, which is why I was intrigued with its premise, as psychological thrillers are my favourite. I put this book down about seven months ago, and have yet to write a review until now, so you can only imagine that I have a spotty memory of what the book was about and what the plot included.






I, Witness was lacking. I wish I enjoyed it more and found a reason to enjoy it. It might be a good read for you if you're the type of person who enjoys reading adult mysteries.

*A review copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for a honest review. Thank you so much!*

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!