Perfect You

Sunday 16 June 2013


Title: Perfect You
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Rating: 3 stars
Release Date: March 25, 2008
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 11+


     Elizabeth Scott really good've done better. Come on, what was this? A piece of antique junk? Not that any of her novels are junk, I'm just comparing, in an unusual state of mind. 

     Perfect You wasn't really what I was looking for. I was seeking for that fun, romantic, chick-lit novel that would make my day. This wasn't the one. I felt that this was cheesy, predictable, and that lower average novel for any teen girl.

     Lets start off with the plot. I really didn't understand much about Kate's dad's experience with his vitamin-selling job at the mall, did he get fired from his other job or what, and why she disliked Will in the beginning. It was dull at times, I cannot lie. I think that the plot was the major put-down, I just wanted to read something else. 

   Kate was one of the worst heroines, ever. Like, seriously? She was boring, and she changed personalities, depending on the situation that she was put in. I don't know who she was supposed to be in this novel, what was the point of her. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she realized the true meaning of life in the end, and we all had a cheesy happily ever after, with a few predictable "surprises."

   Then there was Will. Ugh, I just disliked him from the start. I felt that he was using Kate the whole time, she easily flew to him when he apologized. I like the girl who would play hard to get at times, when needed. He was dull, and was that typical small-town boy. Oh, poor you that you lost the girl that you wanted...

    You may be asking, if you have been complaining this much, then why is this a three-star rating? Well, my friends, I feel that it deserves that, and because there was something I liked, but I still can't figure out what it was. Not so fantastic job, Scott, please, please me next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!