Everneath, by Brodi Ashton

Sunday 23 June 2013


Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Rating: 3/5 stars
Release Date: January 24, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Hardcover
Age Group: 12+


     Really, this cover looks incredible. You just wanted to be sucked into the mythical world of the Everneath, and experience this thrilling adventure between Nikki and Cole. 


    Everneath is one novel that I've been eyeing on for a while. I thought that it would be about vampires or demons, from looking at the cover. Who'd think that it'd take place in an underworld, based on the myths of Persephone?


    So, you must be wondering why I gave this a 3 star rating. Mainly, it's because of the boring at times plot/storyline. I really liked the story in the beginning, a girl returning from the underworld, getting ready to choose between 2 truthful choices? I'm in! But, towards the middle, I became very uninterested. This novel just didn't click with me. Maybe it was the setting I was in at the time I was reading, or my concentration, I don't know, I just disliked the plot.


   These characters to me were plain average. Nikki was an attractive characters, likeable at times, but sometimes choosing the wrong thing, which is always okay. I just really didn't like the guys. Jack and Cole really didn't give me a choice on whose side to be on, they were stubborn and I felt that Cole was using Nikki the whole time, his love for her really didn't show.

   
   So, why is this a 3 star rating? Well, I feel that this book had a message, maybe it was that we have to listen to our hearts, or that we need to choose what we believe in, I liked the fact that this novel really proved something to all of us.


  I don't think that I'm going to spend the money on the next one, to tell you the truth, I really don't care what happens to the characters, sadly. I wish that I did like this novel more, or that it was better. Good, but not pleasing.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!