The Wrong Man by Kate White // An Enticing Thriller

Friday 7 July 2017
The Wrong Man, by Kate White
Publication: June 16, 2015, by Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Adult Fiction, Thriller, Mystery, Romance
Pages: 336
Format: Paperback
Source: BEA/Publisher
Rating: 

She wanted to be more daring, but one small risk is about to cost her everything—maybe even her life.
Bold and adventurous in her work as owner of one of Manhattan's boutique interior design firms, Kit Finn couldn't be tamer in her personal life. While on vacation in the Florida Keys, Kit resolves to do something risky for once. When she literally bumps into a charming stranger at her hotel, she decides to make good on her promise and act on her attraction. But back in New York, when Kit arrives at his luxury apartment ready to pick up where they left off in the Keys, she doesn't recognize the man standing on the other side of the door. Was this a cruel joke or part of something truly sinister? Kit soon realizes that she's been thrown into a treacherous plot, which is both deeper and deadlier than she could have ever imagined. Now the only way to protect herself, her business, and the people she loves is to find out the true identity of the man who has turned her life upside down.
Adrenaline-charged and filled with harrowing twists at every turn, The Wrong Man will keep readers riveted until the final page.

My Thoughts:

The Wrong Man by Kate White is a read that everyone should pick up - even those of you who are not the biggest fans of psychological thrillers. It's a thriller whose concept and ideas will never leave my mind because it was just. SO. MIND. BLOWING. This novel has been sitting on my shelves forever, but I have only recently picked it up, deciding to give it a whirl because I am tired of the same old boring contemporaries that fly into my hands. Kate White masterfully created characters and a mystery that was beautifully written. I was intrigued for the whole duration, and I really enjoyed reading this as a whole.

The only thing I would like to complain about is the romance. Ew. I am not normally used to a big romance popping up in a psychological thriller, and I was surprised to see that one was stemmed, because I really didn't see it coming. Sure, the beginning featured a romance that stirred the mystery, but more things progressed, and I was just so confused. That made me enjoy the book less. I just didn't feel so intrigued or feel that the book was "real" when romance popped up into the protagonist's life. Kit (the main character) was amazing and a bad-butt, but the romance kind of weakened her. I felt that she relied too much on love and all the chances she didn't take, which distracted her from the real story, with the fact that she's basically stuck in the middle of a murder, identity-theft, stalking mystery.

The Wrong Man starts off sweet - I cannot deny that. Kit is an interior designer from New York City who is off vacationing in Islamorada, Florida, where she meets a mysterious man and has an one-night stand with him. Back in NYC, she discovers that the man who she met lied about his identity. And before she knows it, she gets thrown into a mystery involving murder, a car crash and identity theft, all in the midst of her also becoming some sort of victim. She even begins to feel as if she's being watched.

This would be a fabulous movie, let's just say that. Kate White should definitely think of becoming a screenwriter because she would rock at creating Gone Girl-like films. I can't get enough of these suspense-driven stories. You never know what's going to happen until you reach the end. And that's why I was hooked throughout. I did find that it was a little predictable, but I was hooked because I wasn't sure if my predictions were correct. They actually were.







Now: the plot was so fast-paced and my heart was racing like crazy. I think I read this in two sittings because I was THAT hooked. GO GRAB THIS INSTANTLY. I don't think I'll ever read something like this again. And that just sounds depressing.

*A review copy was provided by the publisher via BookExpo America in exchange for a honest review. Thank you so much!*

What is your most anticipated book of the remainder of 2017?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!