Stacking the Shelves #53: November 1

Sunday 1 November 2015
-Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews
where bloggers share their latest additions to their shelves!-

This Week's Headlines:

Happy belated Halloween, to those who celebrate!


This year I really didn't get to celebrate much, but it's all good, I'm in the autumn-fall spirit anyways! I bet that today, everyone is already in the Christmas mood as stores will not be thinking about costumes and candy, but about ornaments and nutcrackers instead! Sorry to mention it if you don't feel in that mood at all.

It's been a pretty great week for me. I went to the Science Centre on a field trip on Monday, and although I'm not a big fan of those kinds of excursions, I had a pleasant time. This week will uphold many tests (at least three of them that I know of today) and they're pretty big ones, since midterm report cards are coming in the week after. Wait until you see the haul I have to show you all below! 

How are you? How was your week? Anything exciting happening? What are your newest additions?

My Book Haul:

Yes, I took this with a camera! I've been meaning to take my bookish photos with one,
and now I have gotten the chance!
Before I get going here, I'd like to thank the amazing team at Raincoast Books for providing me with these FOUR! I am the happiest girl in the world and practically cried when I opened the box.

Young Widows Club by Alexandra Coutts: HOLY MOLY MACARONI! You cannot understand how long I've been aching for this book. It basically yells out my name. I'm totally looking for the themes of loss, grief and romance, all packed into one, the way I like it.

The Last Place on Earth by Carol Snow: ASDFGHIKL! This has the prettiest cover ever and it makes up my life, trust me. Disappearances and romance? Emmy and Oliver hit me so hard and I know this one will, too!

Rules for 50/50 Chances by Kate McGovern: Like them all, I found out about this one a while back and I now own it, which is the weirdest thing to say because I never expected that I would until ages after its release in a few weeks! THANK YOU, RAINCOAST!

Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend: Friendship and a powerful read? YES PLEASE. I heard about this one when I went to the Raincoast event a while ago, and I'm so excited to read it!

2 comments :

  1. Great haul! Young Widows Club sounds wonderful! I'm definitely not ready to welcome Christmas yet, I'll be savoring Halloween for a little while longer. It's still Halloween until the candy runs out, that's what I say. Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!! Haha, I know what you mean! Sure, I'll do some early Christmas shopping, but I am in no means of planning to decorate the house or put up the tree yet until early December! Some people are going crazy, haha! <3

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!