Baby Doll by Hollie Overton // WOW.

Friday 1 June 2018
Baby Doll, by Hollie Overton
Publication: July 12, 2016, by Redhook
Genre: Adult Fiction, Thriller
Pages: 281
Format: ARC
Source: BEA/Publisher
Rating: ½

Held captive for eight years, Lily has grown from a teenager to an adult in a small basement prison. Her daughter Sky has been a captive her whole life. But one day their captor leaves the deadbolt unlocked.
This is what happens next...
...to her twin sister, to her mother, to her daughter...and to her captor.


My Thoughts:

Baby Doll was absolutely mind-blowing. It was not your typical story about a kidnapper/kidnapper victim situation; it was more than that. This was about the aftermath of a woman being kidnapped and what happens next as she strives to prove who her kidnapper was. At the same time, she is left stranded and abandoned in the real world with her daughter, Sky, who was born and held captive. This was definitely a novel full of emotions and is written and full of emotions and EVERYTHING SAD. However, I must admit that it was a really quick read that I got through in a day because it was just so amazing. At the moment of reading, I constantly had shivers rolling down my spine, and it was just a traumatizing read in its entirety. But at the same time, it was a gorgeous read I would recommend to everyone. If you're a teen, this is for you - if you're an adult, this is also for you.

The writing and premise which Overton showcased in Baby Doll was unique and absolutely memorable. Although I don't remember every portion of the plot, I can tell you that I will remember the emotions this book gave me forever. *heart eyes*






READ THIS. I promise you it's not like Room. It's different, more thrilling, and even features protagonists who are twins!

*A review copy was provided by the publisher via BookExpo America in exchange for a honest review. Thank you so much!*

What are some other books about kidnapping?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!