Whenever I'm With You by Lydia Sharp // Completely Disappointed.

Tuesday 10 July 2018
Whenever I'm With You, by Lydia Sharp
Publication: January 3, 2017, by Scholastic Press
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 304
Source: Purchased
Format: Paperback
Rating: 

After Gabi’s parents’ divorce, she moves from California to Alaska with her dad. At first, it feels like banishment—until she meets Kai. He welcomes her into his life, sharing his family, his friends, and his warmth. But as winter approaches, Kai pulls away for seemingly no reason at all. He's quiet, withdrawn. Then one day, he disappears.
Kai’s twin brother, Hunter, believes Kai is retracing their missing father’s steps in the wilderness north of Anchorage. There’s a blizzard on the way, and Kai is alone out there. Gabi's frustration over his emotional distance quickly turns to serious concern. This is the boy who saved her from the dark. She can't lose him to it.
So Gabi and Hunter agree to head out together on a wild journey north—a trip that will challenge them physically and emotionally, as they try to convince the boy they love to return home.

My Thoughts:

Whenever I'm With You seemed like a great, quick read that would surely impress me, as I predicted that it would be similar to the style of Kasie West. However, this was a true disappointment. I did not enjoy it. When reading the summary on the back of the book's cover, I expected this to be a unique, unpredictable read as it takes place in Alaska. ALASKA. A setting we've all never read about. I found this to be super boring as it included stubborn, confusing characters whose story began before we even started reading. That's the worst part of this all; we barely had a chance to see the characters develop. In the meantime, I also became extremely bored with this novel and couldn't stand to continue reading; I wanted to move on. 

Ultimately, I spent my time flipping through pages, skimming through the paragraphs and trying to make sense of what was happening in the story. I couldn't catch up with anything. I just did not enjoy this story.






Whenever I'm With You by Lydia Sharp was a disappointing story that would've been better if the romance was more prevalent. It otherwise felt like a boring story with no purpose. Additionally, it was cheesy and featured no depth.

What was the most recent disappointing read you've read?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!