The Silver Sickle, by Ellie Ann

Monday 30 June 2014

The Silver Sickle, by Ellie Ann

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Aliens, DNF, Science-Fiction

Rating: 1/5 stars

Publication: July 2013, by Stonehouse Ink

Format: ebook








Goodreads Summary: The end of humanity will come through the Silver Sickle . . .

Farissa lives every moment with reckless abandon, for it may be her last. Any day now, the alien goddesses will harvest her and take her to the mysterious Silver Sickle, never to return. She’s accepted that. What she can’t accept is this new idea of freedom Zel has planted in her head. She’d give almost anything to be with Zel, but how can she run from her destiny if it means putting the whole kingdom in danger?

Everyone in the desert kingdom believes the goddesses are immortal, but Zel has invented a way to kill them. Now all he has to do is convince Farissa to run away with him and plant a seed of hope in her heart that she’s not destined to die. Little does he know that one seed of hope could change the course of the future.

Review:

 DNF @ 30% 

 *Review copy provided by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for a honest review.* 


This whole book got me doing the:



  I just don't know what to think of this book. I was expecting so much greatness and a stunning plot, but I found that I just wasn't interested.  I chose to read this book because I did believe that it was going to be interesting, but instead, I got something completely different and odd. 

   I was the black sheep with this book. The Goodreads average rating is a holy moly 4.50, which is very high, if you compare this to other books, but I give it a 1, or 0.5. I really didn't like this book, despite the many positive raving reviews that the author has gotten for her book. 

   The topic/concept of aliens usually intrigues me quite hard, actually. Different books such as The Host or 172 Hours on the Moon were just amazing, and ended up as some of my favourite books, surprising me with my love of the concept. But this book just wasn't for me. And from there, I realized that the concept of aliens is a hit-and-run sort of thing. 

     I have to say that this book wasn't written well. The few different POV's were just confusing and I felt like it was definitely needed. Although I only got to 30% of the book, there should've been some plot development, at least. It was very standard and boring, and I just got too bored with it and absolutely didn't like the outcome. The book was very bland and mainstream; when it was supposed to be for fans of Kiera Cass and Veronica Roth, two of my favourite authors whose books can never compete to this. It's a whole other level. 

     The Selection and Divergent:

   

    
     It's been a few days since I finished this book, but I've already forgotten the names of all of the characters and what the book was actually about. So 'scuse my memory. :)

     Oh, yes. Farissa, the MC was just utterly annoying. I didn't like her at all and she was lost the whole time. (At least for how much I read of the book.) She's just one of those pointless characters. :/ 

      But I must believe that the world of this book was great, although I haven't really gotten into the world development, but from what I understand, it's really... steampunk, just as other people described the book in their reviews. Okay, but I haven't seen it with my own eyes to classify it as good world development.

     Overall, I don't recommend this book. It's an over-rated science-fiction read. I think I'm the only person who gave it a lower than three stars rating.

2 comments :

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!