Top Ten Tuesday #5: Best Friendship Reads

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

       I am a total sucker for books that have gorgeous friendships. I mean, who wouldn't? Here are my ten favourites.

   #1: Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson


       Whenever someone asks me, "What is the best book that deals with friendship?," I always end up saying, Since You've Been Gone with no doubts. This book is so beautiful and I'd read it over and over again.

#2: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky


         This is one of my all-time favourites. Charlie and Sam were just adorable together, and really, this book deserves all of the hype and fangirling. I STILL NEED TO SEE THE MOVIE!           

                                    #3: The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton


          This made me realize that I really need to re-read this again, soon. Thanks to seventh grade, this book has changed my life and so has its friendship inside.

#4: Maybe One Day, by Melissa Kantor


           One of the cancer stories that changed my life. Melissa Kantor grabs you with her protagonist's power, and you're unable to leave Olivia's side until the fierce ending.



             Who could forget about this old-time, chick-lit classic that sparked many teenagers' hearts and brought a gorgeous movie to life? This one is perfect, no doubt about it.

#6: The Lying Game, by Sara Shepard


             Although these two sisters never really ended up talking face to face, the relationship that they had with others and with each other in a way is unforgettable. This series was way better than PLL, and I recommend it for anyone looking for something different.

#7: The Summer I Turned Pretty, by Jenny Han


                This is the series that really changed my life looking into YA-contemporary lit. And, it also brought up the relationships between boys and girls--you can be just friends, you know. ;)

#8: Paper Towns, by John Green


              I can't wait for the movie of this (JULY 31, 2015) with Nat Wolff! Quentin and Margo not only had a romance, but a stunning friendship that literally left me dying for more. Sadly, no sequel... But I guess we can imagine what happens next. 



             Yum! A Jenny Han duo! This literally had the best sister-love relationship I've ever seen. You got to see what I'm talking about here!
#10: Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan


              Two boys who share the same name who fall in love? 



     So there you have it! What are your favourite friendship reads?

6 comments :

  1. Can you believe I haven't even read one of these?!! Although I did recently buy Paper Towns. I will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, really?! Definitely give it a try! You'll read it just in time for the movie next year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with Since You've Been Gone. I really loved the message of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read most of these books, but my most favourite was the Perks of Being a Wallflower. I agree, Sam and Charlie's friendship was adorable. I highly recommend the movie. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ellen: Yes! That book is one of my entire favourites of 2014. It was so desiring and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PaperbackPrincess: I still have to watch the movie for that one! Logan Lerman as Charlie? Yum. I'm going to have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!