Confessions of a Teen Nanny, by Victoria Ashton

Tuesday 5 August 2014


Confessions of a Teen Nanny (Confessions of a Teen Nanny #1), by Victoria Ashton

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance

Rating: 3/5 stars

Publication: February 21, 2006, by HarperTeen

Format: Hardcover Edition (borrowed)




Goodreads Summary: Sixteen-year-old Adrienne Lewis is in charge of eight-year-old Emma Warner, the youngest member of the snooty Warner family. Emma is an evil genius who has gotten all five previous nannies fired -- and she's the good news. Because then there's Emma's half brother, Graydon, who goes to college -- yet always seems to be lurking around waiting to hit on Adrienne. But worst of all is Emma's beautiful seventeen-year-old half sister, Cameron, whose reputation as a wild girl, a liar, and a user is known to everyone . . . everyone, that is, except Adrienne.

Review:

  I've been spying this book for a long time. I once wanted to order it but it was never in stock. Coming from an older book, I'm not really surprised. I forgot about it over the years, and when I went to the library and found it, I was thrilled.

   I think that if you enjoyed Mean Girls or any chick-lit movie, then you're sure to adore this book. I've read many chick-lits in my life, and this was probably one that was very below-average comparing to the high-class awesome ones like Beach Lane by Melissa de la Cruz. If you don't have anything to read, then this might be your quick summer pick, but other than that, I don't say reading this is mandatory or convincing.

    This incorporates Adrienne Lewis, who is looking for a job. Her friend Liz immediately recommends nannying for the Warners' daughter, Emma, who is a prodigy. Emma's gotten all five previous nannies fired. Emma has a half brother named Graydon who likes to hit on Adrienne, and another half sister named Cameron who's a total wild chick. They immediately turn into friends, but there's still secrets that Adrienne hasn't figured out yet that can ruin everything.

   

      Thankfully this book was short. Other than that, I would've let this go. The characters in this book were very whiny and bitchy. They were the main flaw and are why I'd recommend to let go of this book. It overall was okay, but they basically just ruined it. Both Cameron and Adrienne got on my nerves. (Although Adrienne was supposed to be the innocent goody-two-shoes.) Emma was a cute character, but everyone was spoiled and total drama-queens. 

      The romance? Don't get me started. It was cheesy, predictable and incorporated no sparks whatsoever. I obviously knew that Cameron would end up to do something behind Adrienne's back, and bam! It happened. ._.

       The plot was okay. That's probably the thing that kept me reading. Although this whole book was a little cheesy, I felt in the mood for a chick-lit summery read, and this was probably it. I've been reading many dystopia fantasy reads lately, so this gave me a mini-break. The book was fast-paced, but as we got to the ending, I was disappointed. It was very, very cheesy.

        Overall, I'm glad I stayed with this book. I've been wanting to read it for ages, and now that I finally did, I realized that there are better contemporary-romances out there. Many, many better ones.

6 comments :

  1. Gah, too bad this book sounded cheesy because it could have been a lot of fun. Lovely review Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It left me at many "..." moments. Meh. Thanks, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! A book you've been waiting to read your whole life (OK, I'm probably exaggerating) disappointed you? I'm glad this book came at a time when you need a mini-break because if it came before or after that, I felt like you would ripped this book apart. XD I can tolerate light and cheese but I still need to have a good story to make up for it. Sadly, I don't think I'd ever pick this one up. Still, thanks for the honest review, Mich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, Sar, you're pretty close! I think I wanted this since I was like... nine? It always captivated me. *dreams* LOL you know me too well with my reading procedures! xD I don't really recommend that you should, hun. It's not worth it! Thanks! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This book sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sorry you didn't love it as much as you wanted it to, though :( I'm actually not a big fan of chick-lit or contemps, but this one intrigues me... I might have to check it out!

    Oh, and also, I EXTRA love for posting a Sammy GIF!! *flails* I've recently become obsessed with Supernatural... watching that show is basically what I've been doing with my life this summer, LOL. And "Tall Tales" is definitely one of my favorite episodes! ;)

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, it's okay! I loved the idea of nannying and scandal at the same time, so that's probably the main reason why this captivated me. Go for this one! It's pretty old, so it's a chick-lit classic!

    I have the first two seasons, and I really need to get to it! But I already love the men... ;D Thank you, Liliana!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!