A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Monday 24 February 2014
A Monster Calls,  by Patrick Ness
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Rating: 4.5/5 stars

The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.
But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...
This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.
It wants the truth.

Review:
  • I always thought that this one would end up creepy and weird... But it actually was deep and had a beautiful meaning. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a light, deep read. A Monster Calls was absolutely riveting.
  • Conor was so lost at times, poor little guy. But I still liked him and his story! He was so cute!
  • The thing the monster had going on was so deep. The monster was kind of like life itself and Conor was the events happening, you'll understand once you read the book. 
  • UGH! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!