Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire

Wednesday 12 February 2014
Don't You Wish, by Roxanne St. Claire
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Reality Check
Rating: 4/5 stars

Plain and unpopular Annie Nutter gets zapped by one of her dad's whacked-out inventions into a parallel universe Ayla Monroe - gorgeous, rich queen bee of her high school. In glitzy Miami, her different billionaire dad supplies money but is absent. Friends hit the clubs, party backstage at concerts, and take risks that are exhilarating, and illegal. Ayla has a date to lose her V-card with the hottest guy she's ever seen, but she's still Annie on the inside. Will she take the chance to leave the dream life and head back to dreary Pittsburgh?

Review:

  • This is the perfect reality-check contemporary! Don't You Wish was hilarious and lesson teaching, I need more from this fantastic author!
  • Annie was a great heroine. She didn't freak out at all that she was stuck in this parallel universe. Her romance with Charlie was adorable and I loved that he made a big difference in the novel.
  • The first chunk of the book was kind of boring and not to the best start, but the middle and end was thrilling, in a chick-lit way.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!