The Very Important Life Recap Post #1: My Two-Week Forsaken Blog

Thursday 27 August 2015

Hey, y’all! Now take a look at who’s back in the blogosphere! Yes, it’s me. You must be crying because now my blabbermouth self will be here for ages and ages to come. Yeah, I thought so. *winks*

You may be asking: Where the heck have you been, missy? Why haven’t you been commenting on any blogs? Why haven’t you been discussing anything, posting your haul or Waiting on Wednesday? I have a straight, full in-depth answer for your endless amount of annoying questions that surround your head. It’s only one sentence, four words. You ready to hear it? I was on vacation. Yep. 

And this particular Florida-bound trip did eventually lead me to a blogging hiatus, including social media. I hadn’t seen it coming, but it sure did step in after a few days. I’m pretty sure I only wrote one review while I was in South Florida, relaxing in the bright, steaming sun (literally I figured that I’d come back to Canada as a lobster), and that was kind of overwhelming. I barely touched my Twitter and Instagram, just briefly checking a few things but that’s pretty much it. Meh.

I apologize. I find myself apologizing a ton for things I’m not able to accomplish on this blog for time’s sake, but I sincerely mean it, always. Hah. I spent a little over two weeks there, rummaging back and forth between beaches, theme parks and shopping malls. And of course, THE BARNES AND NOBLE. I’m sorry Americans, I get a little too excited when I get to see your famous bookstore in reality.

So you may be wondering if I headed over to THE Walt Disney World. I did, on one occasion. From where my family and I stayed, Orlando was about 3 hours away, so we only went once, because y’know, it’s a 6 hour trip back and forth all together. And we went to Downtown Disney, the awesome shopping area with all things Disney, as well as Cirque du Soleil, specifically the show they have there, La Nouba! It was fantastic, too bad we’re not allowed to take photos or videos! 

The day we went was MY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY. I’m so old, I know. I honestly am beginning to feel like a blogging veteran. It was August 14th, in case any of you were wondering. It was a fabulous day.

Want some photos of the beach? It’s seriously stunning, I know. It’s Marco Island, in southwestern FL. My favourite place to be in the whole world. 



OOO and don’t y’all want to hear about the wonderful books I read on my trip? I didn’t finish everything I brought with me, but here are the ones I did read with the rating I gave them:

-In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware (ARC) 5 stars
-The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle (ARC) 4.5 stars
-Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson 5 stars
-Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple 3.5 stars
-Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid 3.5 stars
-Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols 4.5 stars
-Finding Paris by Joy Preble 4 stars
-Shut Out by Kody Keplinger 5 stars
-Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes 3.5 stars
-Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot 5 stars
-The Bees by Laline Paull 3 stars
-Reaching Through Time: Three Novellas by Lurlene McDaniel 3.5 stars
-Sway by Kat Spears 4 stars
-Free to Fall by Lauren Miller 4 stars

That’s a whopping 14 books, basically one for everyday!

Want to see some photos of my trip? Look right here, below!


Virginia, as we drove 22 hours to FL!

I was literally in tears when I saw this sign, it's so difficult to catch a photo!

Oreo Dream and Original Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory!


I still feel like a kid every time I see this sign!

I'm off to school again in two weeks! How is everyone's summer if you're still stuck at home or on vacation? For those who go to school, when are you going?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!