Something True by Kieran Scott // A Captivating Finale to Scott's Mythologic Trilogy

Friday 28 August 2015
Something True (True Love #3), by Kieran Scott
Publication: February 3, 2015, by Simon and Schuster BFYR
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance, Mythology, Fantasy
Pages: 304
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: ½


Will the love of her life distract True from reuniting with…the love of her life? Find out in the third book in Kieran Scott’s delightful series that blends ancient mythology with contemporary romance.
True Olympia is in the home stretch. After being banished to Earth without her powers as punishment for falling in love with a mortal, True was tasked with matching three couples before she could return home. Now, with two couples fully in love, she is ready for her time in New Jersey to come to an end.
But as easy as it should be to match one more couple, things are complicated by her immortal love Orion (who also appeared on Earth, just without the memory of their love). He’s dating another girl, but can’t seem to avoid spending time with True. Something about her finally seems familiar to him. But if True wants to get back with Orion for real, she needs to focus. Just one more couple, one more couple... 


My Thoughts:

Finales in a trilogy or series are always difficult to handle for me. THEY’RE SAD, OKAY? I’ve been anticipating Kieran Scott’s finale to her True Love trilogy since the start and I’ve totally been wanting to discover what will happen to True and if her relationship with Orion would be revived to what it once was. Thankfully, this was a great ending and I’m so glad that it ended the way it was. Now my collection is complete and I’m done with yet another series that made me smile. I love Greek mythology now! 

Now that we’re all done here, I’d definitely love to talk about what my overall thoughts of the series was. I guess that it all went from best to worst, not that this book is horrible or anything close to that. It started off with a five star rating, being beautiful and unique, but the series had gotten a little less awesome. But whatever, it was totally enjoyable throughout! Scott’s writing is as riveting as I always found it to be, from the start of the series to the end, or through any of her other books. I just can’t wait to see what else she has in store for readers in the future!

“Tears sprang to my eyes. Tears of relief, of joy, of sheer ecstasy. I clung to him and kissed him back with everything I had. I’d waited for this moment for what felt like an eternity. Ever since I’d been torn away from him back at the palace, and even more since the day he’d been sent to Earth and hadn’t known me.” (156)

Awh. So we all know that True had to bring three couples together in order to have her mission succeeded, basically. As she had completed two in the past novels, she has one more left, and that can definitely be her and Orion, right? Now her enemy’s in town and things are getting weird, but she still has Orion to wish about… that their relationship can go back to the neutral position.

I guess that the question that everyone is asking us is: Will they get back together and can True get back to Mount Olympus before time runs out? I obviously won’t spoil that for you (it spoils the whole series, gods), but I love the concept. Scott’s take on Greek mythology is wonderful, just wonderful. It seems like she has put so much research on her hands to make it perfect and unique, just to the right point. I kept second guessing everything and the captivation was real. Suspense is the author’s middle name.

“Just knowing my bow was with me was a tremendous boost. Holding it had made me feel myself again. And when I was Eros, Goddess of Love, nothing could stop me.” (214)

Kieran is a remarkable writer. Her books always go into some kind of depth and are paced perfectly. They’re rarely lacking something major, and I just want a huge collection of her works to indulge in and fall in love with. She’s the master of romance. The kissing scenes are always something that make my heart skip a few beats, just saying. *winks*

Something minor that was missing for me was a nice continuation of Orion’s character. I would’ve liked to find out more about him. He spent most of his time not remembering anything and just playing the role of a normal teenage boy, which he certainly wasn’t. I wish that we could’ve heard some of his background history and about some of the things that he and True had done together on Mount Olympus. Hmmph. But they had a cute romance and I shipped them together.

Kieran added some depth into some other characters who we only knew a little about, like Darla and Wallace. And guess what? They fell in love with each other as well. *rolls eyes* The take on popularity and the issues of high school was not-so-perfect and I had a few issues with it but it didn’t impact my rating too, too much anyway. 







I'm obsessed with this trilogy. I guess that it's even got me to believe in love at first sight and true love as well. You'll be superbly impressed from the start and see how intriguing the writing is. It's fluffy, cute and full of names that you probably won't be able to pronounce until after some practice but hey... it all works out fabulously because you like it no matter what. At least, that's how I feel with everything by the author. It's surely one of the most memorable series-finishers, that's for sure. Everyone can fall in love!

Do you, wonderful reader, think that you are able to make people fall in love? Or people who are in 'different social circles?'

2 comments :

  1. I've actually never heard of this series before so it's definitely a new one for me. I just loved the cover so much I had to read your review and see what all this was about. I am glad it was a good conclusion to the series and now that is a collection of books you can love as a whole. I am a HUGE Greek Mythology fan as well, which has me thinking about trying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE OMBRÉ IS PERFECTION, RIGHT? Agh, I totally agree! The covers in this series are just spectacular, I need to frame them! YOU SHOULD TRY THIS! I have grown to really enjoy mythology from reading this series and I need more!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!