Stacking the Shelves #52: October 25

Sunday 25 October 2015
-Stacking the Shelves is a meme created by Tynga's Reviews.-

This Week's Headlines:

It's the most wonderful time of the year... HALLOWEEN IS ON FRIDAY! And please don't tell me that you DIDN'T read that with the tune in your head. The "C" word that ends with a "mas" is still ages away, so don't get your hopes up, haha. I'm pretty excited for Halloween because it's basically the spooky season with those nice rain storms that just makes me want to hide instead and cuddle up with a book, my favourite thing to do if you haven't noticed already. 

What are you all going to dress up as? I'm going DIY again this year and am being Minnie Mouse. Pretty simplistic, but I like the look. *blushes* 

School's been okay for me, the workload is beginning to get heavier and heavier since midterm marks are coming in mid-November. This means that it'll be the halfway mark of the semester, which has already gone by so fast! I have a ton of essays and assignments due soon, so my reading time will be declining. Ugh.

My Book Haul:


Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs: The last book is here, HOORAY! I have been anticipating this one forever. I have a poster of it in my room which I got at BEA and I've been eagerly, angrily sitting here waiting for Ransom to release this. And now, I HAVE IT. AGH!

The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters: You're not going to believe the bargain I got this one for! $1! RIGHT? I purchased it from my library and there even wasn't any stickers or anything, like brand new! I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT!

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard:  Finally! This was one of my most anticipated reads and I'm so glad that the library allowed me to have it in my hands! *giggles*

The Appearance of Annie van Sinderen by Katherine Howe: I read Katherine's debut YA book, Conversion, a few weeks ago and I was very excited to see that she has a new book! This will be fab I bet.

The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett: Most anticipated HarperTeen book of the year. WOOOO! This deals with parallel universes and cool stuff. I love the cover, too.

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios: FRIENDSHIP, TEARS AND ROMANCE? AWWW! This will be my first Heather Demetrios book and I'm enchanted, that's for sure!

Posts You May Have Missed:

How was your week and how are you? What are your newest additions to your shelves? What are you being for Halloween, if you're dressing up?


2 comments :

  1. Great haul! I am not feeling this Halloweeny vibe because I don't celebrate Halloween, but it sounds nice enough :3 I am interested in reading Red Queen, so I can't wait to see what you think of that! Oh, and I have heard promising things about I'll Meet You There as well!

    My recent review and giveaway: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/10/all-bright-places-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm so excited with this reads! Oooooh, it's nice to look at other holidays from a different perspective when you don't celebrate them! That's me with a lot of other celebrations. ^_^ All of these books look super interesting and promising! :D

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!