Stacking the Shelves #43: June 7

Sunday 7 June 2015

This Week's Headlines:

SOOOO... I'm back from BEA and New York! Sorry for being antisocial for the whole time (though I did post and schedule things, so it was all good!), but I couldn't keep my mind off the books and amazingness that was present the whole time! By the way, I guess that you don't even have to ask how it was: IT WAS FABULOUSSSS! Definitely the best experience of my life, you can't even imagine. Sure, there are things that I wish I did more of (meet more people and take more photos of the actual Con and exhibits), but I'm proud! Today I'll only show a snippet of my haul, but I'm excited to note that this week is BEA RECAP WEEK! *throws confetti* Here's how I'm planning to schedule it:


  • Monday: BEA 2015 Recap: Day 1
  • Tuesday: BEA 2015 Recap: Day 2
  • Wednesday BEA 2015 Recap: Day 3
  • Thursday: BEA 2015 Recap: BookCon
  • Friday: BEA 2015 Recap: Overall Experience and Thoughts

Each will be incorporated with photos, hauls, tips and my personal thoughts! Woot! Let's kick this off ASAP. (But first, I need to schedule and get my posts ready, heh).

I was there Tuesday-Sunday, and although I missed four days of school, nothing much was happening and it was so worth it. Having to catch up with work? No biggie, I'll handle it. For me at the moment, there's only 7 school days left until exams, (I have 3 of those) and then 4 days off until the last day. So basically, I'll need to see my depressing school 11 more times before I can lay with my books all night. That'll seriously happen, just saying.

My Book Haul:

Some adorable BEA newbies with cupcakes!

A read from January 2016? YUMMMM! Sourcebooks was so good to me this year, as well as Penguin and Macmillan, who were simply the best at handling lineups and signings. YOU GUYS RULE AND MAKE BEA WHAT IT IS.

Library haulllllll!

The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand: FINALLY. OMG. I LOVE CYNTHIA'S WRITING AND MIND. WOOOOW!

Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker: Horror, mystery, swamps. Mmm hmm! *wiggles eyebrows*

I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amélie Sarn: I've been wanting to read this one for a while, and I immediately requested it when I spotted it at the library! OMG.

6 comments :

  1. I'm back! Sounds like you had a pretty great time at BEA! Naturally, I haven't heard of any of the books you got (I'm so bad with YA) but I had a look at a few of them on Goodreads and they seem pretty interesting, especially The Last Time We Say Goodbye. I just reviewed Norwegian Wood, which heavily deals with loss and depression so they seem to be a good match. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts about BEA and good luck in your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo, yay! (Need to head to your blog to see how it went!) Yes, yes! Norwegian Wood sounds really good! (Metaphorical depth is my kind of thing!) Thank you SO much, Killian! :DDD

      Delete
  2. Everyone went to BEA, bohoohooo :'( Why don't they hold it in Canada for once? Seems like you had fun and you got some nice books, too! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Aww! OMG YES, hosting it in Canada would be so amazing for many of us! *cries* Thank you, Lola! :DD

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for all the recaps! The Last Time We Said Goodbye sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooo! I'm so excited for TLTWSG! I'll be reading it next, after A Sense of the Infinite!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!