Hate List, by Jennifer Brown

Sunday 29 September 2013

Title: Hate List

Author: Jennifer Brown

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: October 5, 2010

Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.07

Age Group: 12+




 Right from when I started this novel, I kept thinking about what happened in Sandy Hook Elementary School not too long ago. About how it happened at a school, and how the gunman then pulled the trigger on himself.

  I loved this book. It's so unlike other YA contemporary novels, I've never heard about one like this. Never.

  In Hate List, we have Valerie, who thankfully survived the shot from her boyfriend, Nick, who was the gunman in her school cafeteria's shooting. She keeps on thinking that it's her fault, and it partially is. After writing the Hate List, full of the names of the people that both Nick and Val hated, Nick tried to kill some of those people on that day. This is the journey of the times and stories of that fateful day, and the weeks and months surrounding it.

   Valerie was a fantastic lead. This really was her story, and she outshone it. She was so relatable, so easy-going, you'd fall in love with her and her thoughts immediately.

   If you're looking for a hard novel to read with hard times in it, then go and pick this one up, you won't regret it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!