Rules of Summer, by Joanna Philbin

Sunday 1 September 2013

Title: Rules of Summer

Author: Joanna Philbin

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: June 4, 2013

Publisher: Poppy

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.60

Age Group: 12+




    Rory McShane is off to the Hamptons, where she'll be "working" at her aunt's family, The Rules, where she'll run errands. Right when she meets Isabel Rule, she realizes that all she wants to do is go back home to her town right off the border of Pennsylvania in New Jersey. But, could Isabel show her the true meaning of friendship to help her change her mind?


    I thought that this would be like Melissa de la Cruz's Beach Lane. The Hamptons, running errands for a rich family, the story sounds the same. But, it really is different. Here we have more friendship and less drama.

    Rory was exactly like Mara from Beach Lane. Coming from a not-so-wealthy family, looking for some fun and a different lifestyle. I like those characters, and I think that you will too.

    Rules of Summer is the ideal summer novel, trust me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!