Waiting on Wednesday #5: Starflight by Melissa Landers

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Starflight (Starflight #1), by Melissa Landers
Publication: February 2, 2016, by Disney-Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian, Romance
Pages: 320
Format: Hardcover

Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.
When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world--and each other--the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...

Happy Canada Day, every Canadian out there! I find that I'm just so obsessed with dystopian-romances that they're all on my anticipated lists. And then, everyone was holding a copy at ALA last weekend, and I seriously cried. Agh, I have to wait 7 more months for this pretty to finally be in my hands! Intergalactic awesomeness? PLEASE COME TO MY GRABBY HANDS!

Have you read Melissa's Alienated duology? What is your anticipated read this week?

4 comments :

  1. Oh, my goodness, I really need to read the Alienated duology! This one sounds so fun and I love the cover. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOTALLY GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!! I read the first novel last year and got an ARC of the sequel but never ended up getting to it... hopefully I decide to read it very soon! EEEE the cover is fantabulous, yes! Thanks, I hope you get to read Landers' books soon!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I hadn't known about this one until now!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :D I really like the cover, and I hear Melissa Landers books are good. Nice pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I love discovering new books through WoW posts! :D THEY ARE! Alienated was pure amaze-balls and I actually need to read the sequel ASAP! Cheers to anticipated dystopia, thanks!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!