Everafter by Elizabeth Chandler Review

Wednesday 18 March 2015
Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6), by Elizabeth Chandler
Publication: March 19, 2013, by Simon Pulse
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance, Paranormal, Angels
Pages: 288
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased
Rating: 

The sweeping saga of Ivy and Tristan comes to a breathtaking conclusion in this final book of the all-new arc in the New York Times bestselling Kissed by an Angel series.
It seems the odds are forever against Ivy and her fallen angel. Tristan is still trapped in the body of an accused murderer, and as the two star-crossed lovers try to clear his name, they must battle the dark forces that would keep them apart and destroy them both. The danger is especially great for Tristan since, as a fallen angel, death would mean losing his soul. It's up to Ivy to save the one she loves and, hopefully, find a way for the two of them to be together for all eternity. 

That ending... sucked. This book honestly would've been much better if it ended differently. I am lost without words because that was so horrible. If the last 50 pages were different, I guess I would've given this a higher rating, and that's what everyone else is saying. Elizabeth Chandler disappointed me with this ending compared to the way the other books in this series were going, and this was a total bombshell where my heart is still panting, wondering what the heck that was itself.

You see, books that are found in a huge series (like this one) are usually all continuous and such. This was, and the plot picked up and off from where the fifth book left us off. I'm not going to spoil anything or add some freaky signs and bolded letters to let you know to not read this, but this final novel was too cliché for my liking. You can simply predict what's going to happen in the end, though people have noted that some heavy tears were involved to finish off the 'binge reading' that they have done to finish Tristan and Ivy's legacy off completely. After the event in the fifth book (which I haven't read but actually only read the summary of) where Tristan is captured into the body of a murderer, everyone's trying to free him and make him be with Ivy again, where at least that's what we're all hoping for.


Let me just note to you that the plot throughout this whole book was horrible. Everything was so rushed and predictable. Am I honestly going to have to witness such nonsense and such an impossible romance? Why should I even waste my time, you're asking. With the way this ending turned out after six novels, I am honestly feeling that I'm bound to face palm myself over and over again as this was complete nonsense and weirdness. The concept of this hasn't changed at all and the only theme that keeps on turning out at me seems to be, "Love is impossible, and this stuff only happens in fictional book worlds." Huh, you're saying. 

After my babbling and raging, as you're probably thinking, you're asking, what was the good and positive aspect of this novel? That was completely the characters and romance, though it was impossible in reality, here on the real Planet Earth. Tristan and Ivy have some kind of bond that gets readers to only wish and hope for happiness and awesomeness in the future for them. When they peer at each other or kiss or do something cute, my heart flips upside down and all the way back around. TRISTAN IS HOT AND UGH HE LOVES IVY SO MUCH. But the fact that he's an angel is so cliché and I've got enough of this paranormal genre. :(

You see, Ivy seems to be a character slash protagonist who seems like she cares about the people around her, and then there are other times when she looks like she couldn't care less. I'm not sure if Chandler is trying to do this on purpose to get us to wonder more about her and give us more curiosity... or is it just like that. *laughs* 

I guess that if you enjoyed (really enjoyed) the other books in this series by Chandler, then you will adore this one as well. And of course, if you're a strong and hard shipper of Trivy (cute ship name, huh?) then you will go even more crazy. I guess it simply depends on the person and the kind of endings you enjoy and crave for. This was boring and not for me, though there's a large chance that you will find this the perfect read and finish-off for you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!