Girl Online by Zoe Sugg Review

Monday 2 March 2015
Girl Online (Girl Online #1), by Zoe Sugg
Publication: November 25, 2014, by Keywords Press
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 352
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased
Rating: ½


I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

As blogging is a huge part of my life, as well as reading and my splendid hobbies, I can totally relate to this book. As Penny had, I've always wanted to keep a journal, but if you're like me, it's the most difficult thing in the world to keep. I never would've thought of a blog as a diary, to keep your daily doings all in one for the world to see, anonymously.

Zoe, aka Zoella on YouTube, is one of the most popular beauty gurus out there, and so many young girls worship her as a beauty queen. I LOVE HER. She's adorable and cute and I LOVED HER BOOK! Okay? Okay. I don't care about the ghost writer thing that's going on, she made the plot, it's her ideas, and I don't really feel like those rumours are changing my opinion whatsoever.


This woman is a fabulous author, and it suited her personality and likings! What's better than writing a novel that relates to you and somewhat involves with your actual life and hobbies? This went through picture-perfect romance that may not seem so perfect after all in the end, and although it did have its slow moments, I highly recommend to NEVER STOP READING. My friend read 100 pages and says that it "sucks," and I told her to keep on going because the fluttering butterflies will come and she will get obsessed. Let's all find out that she ends up realizing how amazing this is, as well as the healthy relationship between Penny and Noah, two different young people looking for love but at an unexpected time.

"I look at the Christmas trees and the twinkling lights and the snowflakes shimmering in the air like powdered silver, and I don't feel like I'm in a movie anymore; I feel like I'm in a fairy tale. As we all follow the doorman into the hotel, I cross my fingers and hope it has a really happy ending."

First of all, oh man, what can I possibly say about this? At the time when I read this last week, I had been afraid that I would be shot into a reading slump since everything had been plain Jane, and it was Valentine's Day. Zoe had given us readers the perfect novel to read anytime of the year, whenever you're sad, happy or in a mixed mood that can only be solved with something that you want in your life: this novel.

This all began with Penny, a fifteen year old girl who is going through panic attacks, friendship problems and dating problems. The only way for her to solve these issues is to write her blog, which is slowly becoming viral and popular. When her life gets turned upside down, her wedding-planner parents decide to go to New York for the holidays where Penny will be staying at the best hotel there, where she meets Noah. Noah is a music-loving, amazing person who is unlike anyone back home in England. And it's just the start of something gorgeous, until she finds out that he's not who she thinks he is.


If the book ended off with the way I thought it would, this probably would've gotten a 3 or a 3.5 rating, but then we received A HUGE PLOT TWIST and my insides exploded of shock and utter happiness. I NEVER SAW THAT COMING, and that was how it simply was for most of the book. The plot was pieced to perfection, with a few mishaps and boring sections at the commencing point. Zoe created something from the heart, and I felt all of the feelings that were tried to be portrayed throughout.

"It's hard to believe that was only a week ago—it feels like a whole lifetime. And I feel like a whole new person. I put on the shoes, pick up my bag, and head for the door."
THESE CHARACTERS WERE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Penny was someone who was absolutely added with Zoe's personality, and I felt all of her sympathy and I sure had left some guilt for her and her situation in England. Thankfully, she had an amazing best friend and brother (IS THIS A REPRESENTATION OF JOE AND TYLER OAKLEY?) and Noah... Noah was her Alfie. It's so astonishing to see her life coming out in a teen novel that gets me to squirm of joy.







I am so obsessed with the outcome of this novel and I just can't stop thinking about the ending and that amazing romance. The best thing is that there's going to be a SEQUEL. Guys... NOTHING ELSE CAN HAPPEN BETWEEN THEM SINCE EVERYTHING IS NOW PERFECT. Zoe Sugg, you are one talented woman, and I need more from you! #Penoah

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!