Kissed, by Cameron Dokey

Saturday 4 May 2013



      Title: Kissed
      Author: Cameron Dokey
      Rating: 4.5/5 star rating
      Release Date: February 5, 2013
      Publisher: Simon Pulse 
      Format: Paperback Edition



      Kissed was brilliant! I adored Once, so I definitely knew that I'd find myself adoring this one, as well! Belle, Sunlight and Shadow, and Winter's Child were all awesome fairy tales, with a twist! I found myself loving Belle as a heroine, and Belle and Winter's Child as the best stories.


Belle: So, the first comes the best? Well, I guess so! Dokey did a fantastic job with this one. Adding Belle's insecurity in the beginning, I was hooked into this one, rapidly. The plot was a little slow-paced, lemme tell you. It wasn't until towards the end where the beast showed up, I was afraid that he'd never come in. The romance was epic, and brought back memories from when I was a kid, when I'd sing songs from the Disney movie. I adored that one! Belle was a marvelous heroine. She was strong, fought her insecurity, and actually did find her destiny, before her beautiful sisters. Selfless, confident, and beautiful, Belle and her story is one to remember.

Sunlight and Shadow: Okay, so as much as I loved the other two novels, this one was the worst one. I was a little confused! Trying to figure out whose point of view each chapter's in is a little difficult, having to deal with the fact that there's two female heroines and one male. The storyline was good, but happened way too fast. (view spoiler) I definitely preferred Lapin over Mina. She wasn't bratty, and she'd help anyone, if they'd ask! What brought this whole "novel's" rating to a 4.5 for me, is because of this novel. If it was a little better, I'd give it a five star.


Winter's Child: Winter's Child was the other terrific one. Grace, Deirdre and Kai were brilliant characters, making the story even better. Dokey truly showed her true amazing writing in this one, and I wanted more, and more, and more. The plot was fast-paced, but not too fast, thrilling, and mysterious, causing readers to wonder what will happen next.


Overall, I really enjoyed this one. Cameron Dokey is one of my favourite authors, and I can't wait for more from her.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!