This Is What Happy Looks Like, by Jennifer E. Smith

Wednesday 15 May 2013


  Title: This Is What Happy Looks Like
  Author: Jennifer E. Smith
  Rating: 3.5/5 stars
  Release Date:
  Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
  Format: Hardcover Edition


   

  Ehhh.. this is one expression of happiness. I guess there are thousands, huh?


  

I really, really enjoyed Smith's other novel, The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight. The humor, romance and characters were just heart-stopping. On the other note, this one was so heart-stopping, fangirling ( asdfghikl ). It was more of aehhh kind of novel.


First of all, what happened here? Did Smith fall off one of those boats or something? Because I don't want to be reading her novels if they just keep getting worse... Come on girl! You could do it!


Furthermore, I didn't like the plot. This was the main problem which made this rating even worse. It all started with the pig email. A pig? Seriously? Anywho, the emails got really interesting, and then poof! They stopped and the two actually met face-to-face, and fell in love, but then OH MY GOSH he's a actor how can we ever be together fiasco happens and then they break up, and then they realize that they can't be without each other and end up together and everyone's happy and the author makes money and then you get reviews like this, dissatisfied. 


Hehe... Sorry about the complaining-like structure here, but it's true, and if you read this, you may know it! Sometimes, I really dislike predictable novels. Ugh, they just ruin everything!


Ellie and Graham were pretty good heroes, likeable and perfect for each other, as you may say. But, to me, the plots are the most important things. They gotta be interesting, catchy, or else, the readers aren't interested, and would most likely, put them away. Honestly, this is how I kinda felt toward the middle, but I obviously wanted to know what would happen, right?


Am looking forward to reading the blackout novel Smith has in store, hopefully that one will be more like her first novel, unlike this one.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!