Sophomore Switch, by Abby McDonald

Monday 20 May 2013


Title: Sophomore Switch
Author: Abby McDonald
Rating: 3/5 stars
Release Date: March 10, 2009
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Format: Hardcover



     No more bargain books for me! They always end up disappointing me, for some reason! Sophomore Switch was probably worse than McDonald's other novel, Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots. At least, that one had more romance and action, in a way.


    Okay, so the plot was okay, in the beginning. There were so many characters, and I sometimes forgot who was in who's point of view, Tasha's or Emily's. And at first, I didn't have a clue why these two characters were in the same novel, what was the point. Until... Well, you'll have to read this to figure it out on your own.


    Emily, for me was the more likeable lady, I think because of her personality and heart. Or, maybe it's because of her better grammar in the instant messages, and her intelligence, who knows?! 

   
    Tasha, on the other hand, to me should have just stayed in her party town. She hardly cared about school, and was accepted into Oxford? What's happening here, the nearby future where all teens already get their dream job at 13 and the less smart kids come to top-notch colleges? Mamma mia...


   And I do not remember the guys' names in the plot, because they just didn't make sense to me. 

    I'm sorry I just do not understand the point of the characters in this story, maybe just stick with that college life plot and that's all? 


  Or... maybe it was because of the author's age? I heard that she's young. Hmmph...

  By the way, this is a three-star rating because I liked the plot but the characters sucked, I just wanted to point that out. :)

   


   

1 comment :

  1. Sounds a bit confusing...
    I don't mind difficult to decipher novels as long as it makes sense in the end. But the characters need to be strong to hold it up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!