Beach Lane, by Melissa de La Cruz

Sunday 7 July 2013

Title: Beach Lane (formerly published as The Au Pairs)


Author: Melissa de La Cruz


Rating: 4.5/5 stars


Release Date: May 7, 2013


Publisher: Simon & Schuster


Format: Paperback Edition


Goodreads Average Rating: 3.66




Why Did I Choose It?

I chose to read this novel because of all of the good things said about it, and because of the cover. (hehe)

Quote: 


“Now that she decided she knew exactly what she wanted –him- she couldn’t wait to break the news. And if he didn’t want her, she could live with that – what she wouldn’t be able to live with was if she never told him.”

My Review:


  The Au Pairs, The Au Pairs, I've heard about this series everywhere, how it's the perfect summer beach read, and how superb it was. When I went to the store, I saw the second novel, Skinny-Dipping, and I loved the cover. Who'd think that it was part of this series?

  When I realized that it was republished and transformed into the Beach Lane series, I was really happy, the series now has a beautiful modern look.

    Now that I've read it, this is one of my favourite summer series that I've read this year.  I adored it, and can't wait for the rest!

   I loved how this was a three-point perspective story. Mara, Eliza, and Jacqui were all fantastic, most off the time. In the beginning, I really disliked Eliza and Jacqui. They seemed bratty, and acted like all they cared about was partying and boys. Over the summer, they really grew up, and learnt about true responsibility. Later on in the story, I learnt to like them, and they were girls that I'd really want to be friends with.

  Mara's always been my favourite. She is kind of like me, independent and selfless, and I could relate to her. I'm happy with what ended up with her by the end of the novel.

  Where the story started and ended was astonishing. Taking place in the Hamptons was a perfect setting, the manison where the Perrys lived in was somewhere I'd love to live in, and I wish that I was an Au Pair by the end of this novel, they taught us that we have to be responsible, but can have some fun once in a while.

  Have you ever wondered what an Au Pair really is? According to dictionary.com, an au-pair is a young foreign person, typically a woman, who helps with housework or child care in exchange for room and board.

  Loved, loved, loved this!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!