Breathless, by Jessica Warman

Monday 15 July 2013
Title: Breathless

Author: Jessica Warman

Rating: 4.5/5

Release Date: August 31, 2010

Publisher: Walker Childrens

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.64

Age Group: 13+





Quote:



“You know, I believe that people need to find what they love to do most in the world, what they're best at, and then they need to use that ability to make the world better.”

 
   After reading Warman's Where The Truth Lies, I knew I wanted more from the extraordinary author, and look what I got!

   Breathless was one of those books that actually literally took your breath away, adding to the title. I never wanted it to end, despite its thrilling, tragic plot.

   Katie Kitrell doesn't have the easiest life around. She hardly sees her dad, also known as "The Ghost," her brother is mentally sick, and now, she's sent to a boarding school where things can't get possibly worse. instead, they get even better. Katie is now known as the star swimmer, fighting for the captain. Meeting Drew, the boys' team captain, her days really make her feel breathless.

   This book really couldn't possibly get any better than it was. I mean, a few tweaks could've been taken away, or added, but that's really about it.

   I couldn't drop this novel down. I wanted to be in this world forever, even though it's exactly the same as ours, the events are fictional, right? Apparently, they're actually based on the author's experiences.. Hmm...

   Katie was a strong female lead, and a good one, for that matter. That girl was unstoppable. I loved how the author made her realize something in the end, and how we got to see what happened ten years later, it was so unexpected.

  Drew was one heartthrob, that's for sure. You really hardly get to read about swimmers these days, and the star couple in this story was a perfect example to show that more authors should feature them, instead of cheerleaders, football players, or soccer players.

  This story is unique, and definitely one to remember.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!