The White Glove War, by Katie Crouch and Grady Hendrix

Friday 5 July 2013


Title: The White Glove War
Author: Katie Crouch and Grady Hendrix
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Release Date: July 3, 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Format: Paperback Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.75
Age Group: 12+
Would I Recommend: Yes, definitely, for those who adored the first novel.


    After reading The Magnolia League, I couldn't wait to start this one, the first one left us off at a cliff-hanger, I never wanted it to end.

   "Don't you see?" she says. "I want your life to be better than mine. That's all any parent wants."
    Hayes Anderson is the top-notch Magnolia, she's rich, beautiful, and has the perfect lifestyle. She's never dreamed of leaving Savannah, Georgia, where everything isn't perfect all of the time. Her boyfriend, Jason, doesn't seem to be loving her as much anymore, Hayes might decide to change the way things are run in the Magnolia League, and maybe not only for herself...

    This one, I may say, wasn't as good as the first one. I think this happens a lot, especially to me. The story started off slow, right after the first book's rapid events. Toward the middle, I became more captivated, but I think that I liked when Alex was the only narrator. Bringing in Hayes probably wasn't the best idea, the two girls really have different minds.

   Alex definitely grew from the first novel. She's more confident in her role in The Magnolia League, and how she has to save her mother. I've always loved her, so now I even love her more.

  Like I said, Hayes wasn't the best, although I did like her more in the first book. I think after the fight the girls had here, she grew apart from my surroundings. Even Madison seemed better to me!

  So, you know we're all thinking, will there be a third novel, because on Goodreads, there's no word about it. I definitely hope so, this is one of my favourite series, I don't want it to end like this. Supposedly, this is a trilogy, so...

  Great, but not as great as the start.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!