The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen

Friday 5 July 2013

Title: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: May 11, 2004
Publisher: Penguin Group Inc.
Format: Paperback Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 4.18
Age Group: 12+
Would I Recommend: Yep.


   I think that Sarah Dessen could've done better with this one, but it was pretty good, overall.

   The Truth About Forever is about Macy, who's boyfriend Jason is spending the summer in a camp for intelligent individuals. Even worse, she's going to be working long hard hours at the local library, preparing for the SATs, and grieving for her beloved father. When she recieves a job offer for a catering service, Wish, she realizes that unexpected things could happen, including meeting a mysterious guy with a rough past, Wes. Her summer may not be that bad after all...

   In the beginning, I didn't enjoy the plot too much, I think everything happened too fast. Meeting the catering team was too unreal, and Sarah Dessen should've made it happen a little later. Afterwards, it got really interesting, including the steps towards Macy's and Wes's friendship. I just wanted them to kiss already!
   Macy was an awesome lead, she's the girl that one day I'd want to become, she's the type of girl who looks like she has experience with life, she knows what to expect, even though she may be a youngster. 

   Then we have Wes, who I didn't really fall for in the beginning, but I ended up loving him.

   Overall, I really enjoyed this novel, it was a fun read.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!