The Madman's Daughter, by Megan Shepard

Saturday 27 July 2013

Title: The Madman's Daughter

Author: Megan Shepard

Rating: 5/5 stars

Release Date: January 1, 2013

Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.74

Age Group: 11+






    By the time I started reading this novel, I was tired of the same old, same old novels. I was looking for something different, for something accomplished that no other author has written about. If you're looking for something like I was, The Madman's Daughter is the one.

  Juliet Moreau is living a tough life in London, working as a maid and living in a college with other medical students. Apparently, her father and mother have both passed away, but when Juliet finds out that her father still may be alive, she goes on the lookout to find the man full of secrets. She goes out to the island where her father is experimenting on different medicines, accompanied by her father's assistant, Montgomery, and a castaway, Edward, on the journey that will change their lives forever.

    You see why I was hooked in?

    I couldn't drop this novel down. I kept flipping and flipping the pages until I could find the truth about Juliet's father and the island, and to see the love triangle unfold. This book left me breathless.

    Juliet was such a strong lead. She seems like the one that I'd want to live with, her daring, selfless sense really will cause readers to obsess over the novel, another reason why anyway.

    Another reason why I was captivated was because of this stunning love triangle. I fell for both men, right from the beginning, and like Juliet, I couldn't seem to leave them behind any other way.

    Megan Shepard has created a beautiful novel that will satisfy readers from years to come, just like myself, who can't wait for the sequel.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!