The Darlings Are Forever, by Melissa Kantor

Friday 5 July 2013


Title: The Darlings Are Forever
Author: Melissa Kantor
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: January 4, 2011
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Format: Hardcover Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.65
Age Group: 11+
Would I Recommend: Sure.


    This novel has been sitting in my bookshelf for ages, and now's the perfect time to read it.

     I'd never think that the characters in The Darlings are Forever could possibly be that age. The way their personalities are, you'd never think that they're freshmen enrolling into 3 seperate high schools in NYC.

     So. We have Jane, Victoria, and Natalya, three best friends who are going to be freshmen in high school, make that three different high schools. Through all of the troubles they may have, and the drifts that break them apart, the girls have to remember that they are the Darlings, and they have to stay that way forever, but could they?

   The plot was a bit slow. I may say that. I think that some things that happened never really should have happened, it became predictable at times, and I wish that some BIG would've happened eventually, but it didn't.

   Victoria really ended up being my favourite Darling. I loved her lifestyle and story, it must be hard being someone famous' daughter. Think about the rumors and gossip that may unfold, eventually, even if you make one little mistake.

   I wish that I was a Darling, because these girls taught me the true meaning of friendship, and how important it is. The Darlings truly are forever...



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!