This Dark Endeavour, by Kenneth Opel

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Title: This Dark Endeavour

Author: Kenneth Opel

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: May 11, 2012

Publisher: HarperTrophy Canada

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.89

Age Group: 11+








  What a great novel! This Dark Endeavour was everything I needed for this dark, rainy night. Kenneth Opel has created some fine excellence that readers are bound to be lurking for in the future.


   In this wonderful novel, we have Victor Frankenstein, who truly lives a charmed and privileged life with his twin brother, Konrad, and their beautiful cousin, Elizabeth, in the Chateau Frankenstein where they all take lessons and live a happy peaceful life. 

   When they discover a Dark Library in the home along with their friend Henry, they discover that the library is full of spells and potions written in different languages, but their father forces them not to visit the place again, until Konrad becomes deathly ill. 

   Elizabeth and Victor go off to seek for the recipe of the Elixir of Life, that only needs three ingredients, but Victor knows that if something goes wrong, his life might change forever.

   

   
   I loved the whole idea/concept of this book, it truly was different from the rest, and interested me greatly throughout the story. Opel has created a world where a lot of us bound to live in.

   I was hardly ever uninterested throughout the story, and it was fast-paced, and had just enough of that wow-factor.

  Then we had the marvellous characters, Victor, Elizabeth, Konrad, and Henry. These guys made us readers think that we belong in the world where the story takes place, and that they need that good rating, I imagined them as real people living the dream, well sort of.

  Overall, I enjoyed this novel a lot, it made me laugh, and constantly think, how could someone come up with such an interesting idea for a book?

  

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!