172 Hours on the Moon, by Johan Harstad

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Title: 172 Hours on the Moon

Author: Johan Harstad

Rating: 5/5 stars

Release Date: May 21, 2013

Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.60

Age Group: 12+





     I found this book in a strange way, thinking that it's just some weird alien book that only boys would enjoy, trying not to be stereotypical over here by the way. And guess what, I was wrong, it ended up being a fantastic book that is definitely on my favourites shelf.

     172 Hours on the Moon... When you hear the title, you would probably think about what would happen on those 172 hours, and especially, what would the characters become of and learn from that journey.

      I would split this book into three parts, no not beginning, middle, and end, but the introduction of the characters and how they signed up for the opportunity, and the moments after they won, leading toward the day when they would blast into space, then the 172 hours on the moon, and then the ending, where all of the questions that us readers had are answered and where the author leaves us off.

      The ending was so surprising, I thought the opposite would happen, if you read this then you'll know what I'm saying here. Apparently, this book first was published in Norway, then was translated to English and many other languages, and I think that that's amazing, this translation is perfection. 

        The little thing that bothered me was why what happened happened. The author should have emphasized a little more on that, and should have gave us more detail on that. But, other than that, the book was astonishing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!