If I Tell, by Janet Gurtler

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Title: If I Tell

Author: Janet Gurtler

Rating: 5/5 stars

Release Date: October 1, 2011

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.63

Age Group: 12+





    I haven't read a book about race and prejudice for a long time, and I was happy that If I Tell was the book to bring the subjects in, and I think that Janet Gurtler did a fantastic job with the whole concept.

    Jasmine was a fantastic character. She spoke her mind, and what she thought was right. She stood up to her uptight mother, speaking her mind, and that's the right thing to do. She taught us readers that everyone has done some mistakes, and that we shouldn't take people for granted just because they look some way or think differently than others. I loved the fact that this book was more about standing up for yourself than love or romance, things we see in most novels these days.

       I adored this so much. I can't explain it in words because of its true perfection. I never expected it to be this good, and I can admit that my expectations were wrong.

       Janet Gurtler always creates novels that focus on subjects that are different from the rest. I imagined this to be a novel about only drugs and addiction, but it was more than that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!