Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Title: Pride & Prejudice

Author: Jane Austen

Rating: 3/5 stars

Release Date: 1813

Publisher: HarperTeen

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.24

Age Group: 13+





     Apparently, this novel was supposed to be the love story that started it all, but I disagree. Maybe it's because of my age and the language that I'm used to read in, the English that we all know today, but I found this novel uninteresting and for a classic, could have been better, in fact, much better. But, I'll still give Jane Austen one more chance.

      Elizabeth Bennet was by far the best main character that I've seen in classics, right next to Daddy Long Leg's Judy. She was very independent, and I could relate to her very much, because of our love of writing and reading.

      I don't understand how Elizabeth fell for Darcy, because I just found him annoying and stuck-up. 

      Although this novel had its tweaks that may or may not have made it a better book itself, it still was enjoyable and worth a read to see what I think in my opinion.

       

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!