Tiger Lily, by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Sunday 17 November 2013

Title: Tiger Lily

Author: Jodi Lynn Anderson

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: July 3, 2012

Publisher: Harper Collins

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.91

Age Group: 11+






   I heard so many good things about this book, and I was lurking for another retelling book anyways, so this was perfect. 

   Tiger Lily was great. I didn't know what to expect because I really didn't enjoy Anderson's Peaches, but this was more of a darker tale, so I decided to give it a try and it was worth it. So if there was an author who wrote a book that you didn't like but then he/she comes up with a novel written in a whole different genre that interests you, I think that you should give it a try, because from now on, I know that I always will.

  Tink was a strong narrator, the way she explained things was very open-minded and outside from the box. We didn't really get to hear Tiger Lily's thoughts, but from I did understand, she was very wise, and like teenagers today. She cried and got depressed over boys, but then the way she did things was very old-minded, like she has been living forever, which I guess she has.

   I never really watched Disney's version of Peter Pan and I don't really know the story very well, so this was a great introduction to the whole thing and when I have free time, I know that I will be watching the movie, and of course, to see Tiger Lily. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!