Cress, by Marissa Meyer

Sunday 16 March 2014





Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3), by Marissa Meyer

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian

Rating: 4/5 stars











Goodreads Summary: "Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can."



Review:



  • Marissa Meyer always surprises me with her outstanding novels. They are so dystopian and different from any other books I've ever read. I have to say that the first two books were better than this one. Something was missing in this one, but until this moment, I still can't figure it out.
  • I love how in each book, a new protagonist is added into the bunch, and they all sort of work together. Cress was probably my favourite protagonist out of them all. She's been through so much and is so... mysterious and intelligent. She sees things outside of the box and the author makes her sound beautiful and pleasant. The romance between her and Captain Thorne just gave me the shivers cause I wanted more to happen between them. It was basically just flirting!
  • As well as Cress, Scarlet and Cinder have definitely grown throughout this novel. They all have been treated unfairly by the Lunars, so it's time for them to shine and to be free. I'm glad that they sort of got that chance during this novel. 
  • At some points, it got a little dull, but that didn't stop me from loving and enjoying this book as well as the rest of the series.
  • ONE MORE YEAR FOR WINTER? NO WAY. :(



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!