How To Love by Katie Cotungo

Friday 7 March 2014
How To Love, by Katie Cotungo
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-lit
Rating: 4.5/5 stars


Before: Reena Montero has loved Sawyer LeGrande for as long as she can remember: as natural as breathing, as endless as time. But he's never seemed to notice that Reena even exists until one day, impossibly, he does. Reena and Sawyer fall in messy, complicated love. But then Sawyer disappears from their humid Florida town without a word, leaving a devastated-and pregnant Reena behind. 
After: Almost three years have passed, and there's a new love in Reena's life: her daughter, Hannah. Reena's gotten used to being without Sawyer, and she's finally getting the hang of this strange, unexpected life. But just as swiftly and suddenly as he disappeared, Sawyer turns up again. Reena doesn't want anything to do with him, though she'd be lying if she said Sawyer's being back wasn't stirring something in her. After everything that's happened, can Reena really let herself love Sawyer LeGrande again?

Review:
  • I hate cheesy love stories. I hate the usual problems that couples have to deal with, especially the girls. Their hearts usually get broken when the popular jock ends up making out with another snobby girl and then the broken-hearted girl meets the sweet-bad boy and they fall in love and all the worries float away... nope.
  • How To Love wasn't even close to the average-cheesy love story. There was much more depth into the whole story and it was plain beautiful.
  • I adored Sawyer, like don't even get me started. He was... beautiful and sexy. You could say that he was the average bad boy, but to me, he was much more than that. He made Reena become a better person, and you'll figure that out throughout the book. Every adorable phrase he said made me smile and wish for him. 
  • Reena sometimes pissed me off. She was too snobby sometimes and didn't act her age. She tried to act like an adult, but she never could accomplish that. In my opinion, she was a bad mother to Hannah. 
  • I loved this book to death, though. The author just made the story so riveting and unstoppable. I need more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!