Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz

Thursday 13 March 2014
Prisoner B-3087, by Alan Gratz
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, War
Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Survive. At any cost.
10 concentration camps.
10 different places where you are starved, tortured, and worked mercilessly.
It's something no one could imagine surviving.
But it is what Yanek Gruener has to face.
As a Jewish boy in 1930s Poland, Yanek is at the mercy of the Nazis who have taken over. Everything he has, and everyone he loves, have been snatched brutally from him. And then Yanek himself is taken prisoner -- his arm tattooed with the words PRISONER B-3087.
He is forced from one nightmarish concentration camp to another, as World War II rages all around him. He encounters evil he could have never imagined, but also sees surprising glimpses of hope amid the horror. He just barely escapes death, only to confront it again seconds later.
Can Yanek make it through the terror without losing his hope, his will -- and, most of all, his sense of who he really is inside?
Based on an astonishing true story.

Review:

World War II has definitely changed the way we look at the world and reality today. It has killed hundreds of thousands of poor people who didn't do anything wrong and were just standing up for their religions and living their lives. Yanek's story was touching and will stay in mine, and many other young and old, people's hearts. 

This is the type of story that makes you realize how many good books are out there today. This may be fiction, but it is based on a true story, and has a deep meaning to it. It made me have tears in my eyes, and I almost couldn't have wished for a better faithful story. 

Yanek was an amazing character. He didn't know what he was capable of, but he had so much strength in him. He made me so... tearful and made me realize that the war was so bad. His "words" were so joyful even when the times were tough. The concentration camps were horrible and his thoughts and words, just like many World War II protagonists in books were absolutely unstoppable.

I loved this book so much. It means so much to me to have read such a beautiful book like this. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!