Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass

Sunday 9 March 2014
Lucid, by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Paranormal/Supernatural
Rating: 1.5/5 stars

What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?
Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.
The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiralling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.
This is a dazzling debut that will steal readers' hearts.

Review:
  • When I first found this book through Goodreads, I couldn't wait to pick it up. That sounded like my type of book. 
  • I usually love books about dreaming and the facts behind it all. Lucid was definitely much lower than my expectations, and it was actually a really bad book. I don't recommend it at all, and here are my reasons;
  • 1. The Characters- If you are the type of person like me who has read many books with many strong heroines, then you will hate the heroines, Maggie and Sloane. In my opinion, there was no sense in them at all, they were too lost the whole time. There was hardly enough drama and romance and everyone was "trying to find themselves."
  • 2. The Pace and Plot- This was so slow paced. I couldn't even look at the book. Nothing was happening for 200 pages! I felt like I skimmed through it all because nothing was happening! It was so boring, I only kept going with it to see the ending, but even that wasn't interesting or made a big deal.
  • 3. Can I say basically the whole book? The beginning was alright but it got worse towards the point where I realized that I wasted my time.
  • Do yourself a favour, don't pick up this book unless you think I'm wrong.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!