Her Dark Curiosity, by Megan Shepard
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Mystery/Thriller/Mystery
Rating: 4/5 stars
Goodreads Summary: "To defeat the darkness, she must first embrace it.
Months have passed since Juliet Moreau returned to civilization after escaping her father's island—and the secrets she left behind. Now, back in London once more, she is rebuilding the life she once knew and trying to forget Dr. Moreau’s horrific legacy—though someone, or something, hasn’t forgotten her.
As people close to Juliet fall victim one by one to a murderer who leaves a macabre calling card of three clawlike slashes, Juliet fears one of her father’s creations may have also escaped the island. She is determined to find the killer before Scotland Yard does, though it means awakening sides of herself she had thought long banished, and facing loves from her past she never expected to see again.
As Juliet strives to stop a killer while searching for a serum to cure her own worsening illness, she finds herself once more in the midst of a world of scandal and danger. Her heart torn in two, past bubbling to the surface, life threatened by an obsessive killer—Juliet will be lucky to escape alive.
With inspiration from Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, this is a tantalizing mystery about the hidden natures of those we love and how far we’ll go to save them from themselves."
- I have to admit, the first book was much better. There was more drama and romance. This was basically all about the mystery of Edward.
- He is really psychotic, I have to admit. I loved him in the first book, but I didn't find him to be my favourite male in this one, not at all. He kept me wondering, does he really love Juliet? Montgomery was kind of sneaky too, even though he had a really big soft side, which I thanked him for. But, I didn't see any romance or love in this one at all. Juliet didn't like any of them, and Montgomery liked her but she didn't show him that she liked him back. The big shocker towards the end of the book was weird... I didn't know how the characters would react.
- Juliet is much more grown up in this book. There is no mystery to her life anymore, and she knows everything that is happening. But, she was much more kick-ass in this one.
- I have to admit that some points were dull, and I got bored a few times, but I still overall enjoyed the game the author played with us here.
- Team... Montgomery? I guess... MORE STRONGER ROMANCE PLEASE AND LESS UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES AND I'm all good...