Kill Me Softy by Sarah Cross

Sunday 2 March 2014
Kill Me Softly, by Sarah Cross
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Fairytales
Rating: 3/5 stars

When Mirabelle runs away from her godmothers to Beau Rivage, the city where she was born, she hopes to discover answers about her parents' tragic death. Instead, she finds a group of unusual teenagers, each with a fairy-tale curse. In this strange seaside city, scenarios from fairy tales are played out over and over, and Mira has her own part in the drama: she's a "Somnolent," doomed to prick her finger and fall into an enchanted sleep like Sleeping Beauty. The problem is she's not interested in the charming (but slightly boring) "prince" who is fated to be her romantic counterpart. Mira is much more attracted to suave, handsome Felix, who bears a curse he can't, or won't, explain to her.

Review:
  • I normally do enjoy books with the concept of fairytales. I don't exactly know why, but I didn't really enjoy this one. The Grimm brothers had definite interesting fairytales and ideas in their minds, Disney's fairytales aren't the real version of the story, so this book definitely showed you the truth if you didn't know, which I didn't exactly know before.
  • I wish that the book was taken place in the past, I mean it was, but I didn't feel like it was at all. The setting and characters really weren't anything big or special, and I wanted more to happen. This book was basically about Mira finding who she is, and I didn't pick this book up for a contemporary romance, I picked it up for a paranormal-retelling romance, I got the total opposite, of what it felt like.
  • I got easily bored throughout the book where I felt like nothing big was happening at all. The author did an okay job of relating the characters to the reader, and with the whole concept/idea, but that's about it.
  • I don't really recommend this unless you'd like to become really surprised.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!