Music to My Ears... My Favourite Musicians!

Thursday 5 February 2015

My Favourite Musicians 


I actually am a musical maniac, if no one else knew that about me already. When I was younger, I find that I was actually more prone to like pop music or whatever was on the radio. About a year ago, I began going on 8tracks (visit my profile please, by the way!) and found the type of music that speaks to me—indie, punk rock, alternative, all of that awesome stuff. 

What I'd actually like to say in this post is to tell you guys my favourite musician artists and a book that would go with their music.

PANIC! AT THE DISCO



PATD is probably my most favourite band, ever. I fell in love with their alternative-sense of style from the beginning and I listen to their tracks every single day. A lot of the songs are deep and dark, but there's also those older ones that just make you want to get up and dance. But either way, their music goes through all sorts of stages as the albums become more mature and solo.



A book that reminds me of their music: It's Kind of a Funny Story, by Ned Vizzini


This is one of my favourite books–and although there's a lot of stuff about suicide and depression, the protagonist, Craig, went through different stages in his life as well as moods. He started off small and scrawny and broken, but he became stronger and realized so much about himself. Just like how PATD's music defines them.


5 SECONDS OF SUMMER



Yes, these losers. No, I'm just kidding, I love them to death. I'm so thankful because I actually found them on Tumblr many years before they got famous, and I feel proud to have known them and loved them before She Looks So Perfect came out. *blushes* As well as many other punk rock artists, it's all about the guitar and the hardcore stuff here. These guys have dropped everything in their lives to just come out and make music—and that's dedication.



A book that reminds me of their music: If I Stay, by Gayle Forman


Teenage heartbreakers, teenage wrecks. 5SOS have tried to make things possible from the start, and music has changed them, just as it did to Adam and Mia in If I Stay. Doesn't it warm your heart to think about how you have such a strong connection with something like music?


ARIANA GRANDE



Okay, so Ari isn't punk rock or emo or indie or any of that, but she's perfect. Her lyrics mean so much to me and her voice is seriously like an angel. It cracks my heart when people say that she's a diva or her voice is so high-pitched. *tears up* The kind of dedication she has for her fans and the things she does is amazing. She's an inspiration since she worked up for this ever since she was young. I can't wait to see her in March! :'D


A book that reminds me of her music: The Summer I Turned Pretty, by Jenny Han


I actually read this one a long time ago, but it has stayed with me always and ever since. Ari's music has gotten more mature over the years as she's been through hate and a lot of bad press and breakups, and I guess this is what the trilogy has gone through as well. Take a look at the first book and then compare to the third.

ED SHEERAN



This man is the master of lyrics and meaning. Like every song he writes is touching. You can actually listen to his album over and over again and still feel everything as you did the first time. It's love, deepness, breakups, cheating, everything that can hurt you. But he writes like it doesn't hurt him. He writes like it's made him better.


A book that reminds me of his writing: Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman


I LOVE THIS BOOK. Young love and a tragedy mixed together with gorgeous characters and something special is what we've got here. If I made a playlist, I would've added Ed's music and soul into this because this is surely something he'd approve of.

IMAGINE DRAGONS




Imagine Dragons was once like a trial for me; I wanted to try their music out. I wasn't sure if their songs would be something I'd end up singing and replaying over and over in my head as I was trying to fall asleep, but I was willing to try. Their music saved me. It's my rock, and it's the best. I don't know what else I can say because I just am so obsessed and for more than a year, it's been with me.


A book that reminds me of their music: Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes


This was dark and outrageously amazing at the same time. Imagine Dragons' music is really dark as well at times, and during some of their songs, I can't even recognize that it's coming from them. It's the same with Paula Stokes' work. She went from The Art of Lainey to this one, a complete whirl.


This musicians have saved my soul repeatedly with their lyrics
and true preciousness. 

Who are your favourite musicians? What's your favourite
kind of music?

9 comments :

  1. Definitely approve of your musical tastes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Ed Sheeran and 5sos as well. I also am very proud of the fact that I discovered 5sos before slsp, and to see their success now with everything, is just amazing. And Ed Sheeran is just a wonderful person. I really agree with your thoughts that If I Stay is similar to 5sos' music. I was thinking the exact same thing while reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGHHH ED SHEERAN! He's so chill and has the best personality, and is such a happy person! *looks at the role model above* :D 5SOS is life. <3

      Delete
  3. Oh my gods, I LOVE P!ATD :D They are also my favorite band! But this whole talk about the possibility of them taking a hiatus is breaking my heart :(

    Besides them, I really love Fall Out Boy, too. I've actually been listening to their recent album, American Beauty/American Psycho, A LOT lately! So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Ah, we haven't had music from them for a while and yeah, it's totally breaking my heart as well. :'( AGHHH!

      Fall Out Boy is also one of my favourite bands, though I didn't mention them here, haha. I NEED THAT ALBUM! I've been planning on getting it on my phone but haven't had the time yet to go and listen to it. IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!

      Delete
    2. Girl, you need to get on that! At least go listen to it on YouTube! And oh my gods! I just realized that you used the lyrics from This is Gospel.. I think that song might be my favorite out of the whole album!

      Delete
  4. Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande are awesome! Have you read Burn for Burn? Will I like The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy? I've read the Burn for Burn trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved Burn for Burn and I'm really anticipating the final book... I'm about to read it very soon! THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY IS AMAZING—Han's best writing ever. AGHH!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!