Stacking the Shelves #29: February 8

Sunday 8 February 2015

This Week's Headlines:

Well, I can say that I haven't been this thankful for the weekend in forever. But what can I say, I'm finally able to sit in an ENGLISH class! English is my most favourite subject, and I finally am able to sit and write to my greatest ability in that class every morning as my homeroom. And, another fantastic thing is that we're already reading books: Lord of the Flies by William Golding and Shattered by Eric Walters! They're both so fabulous and I'm especially adoring Shattered at the moment. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

It's finally the new semester and I have: Religion, English, Science and Gym as my four subjects, though Gym is kind of killing me since I am not athletic whatsoever. But it's okay; it's all for the exercise!

My Book Haul:



Here is my gorgeous haul from last week! *squeals, as usual* They're so beautiful, no?

Jelicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I've heard good things since the start; everyone's so obsessed that there's basically not a day where I'm begging my brain to read this. The cover is gorgeous and it's won so many awards, including some from people's hearts!

Starry Night by Isabel Gillies: Was this inspired by Van Gogh? That's honestly the question that's floating in my mind throughout the day. The cover is unbelievably eye-catching and I've wanted to experience its greatness since the moment I first found it, many months ago.

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg: I've watched Zoe's videos for a long time and I was really excited to hear that she's releasing a book; especially for the fact that she can just spit out all of her feelings about her wild life and popularity all in here. It's not like it's a memoir or anything, it's simply taken place and written in the POV of a young blogger who's like Zoe herself. SO HAPPY.

Friday Never Leaving by Vikki Wakefield: I've passed this one so many times in the bookstore and never really thought much about it. Then one day, I found it as a bargain and HAD to grab it. $5.99 is such a good deal for a fantastic idea that's going to change my life as I know it.

Posts You May Have Missed:



What are your newest additions? Have you read and enjoyed
any of mine?

2 comments :

  1. Lovely haul! I really need to read Girl Online. Of you want to read a good modern-day Lord of the Flies type book, read Phoenix Island by John Dixon. Great book! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Hmm... Phoenix Island does ring a bell. *checks Goodreads* Yeah, I've seen it before in the bookstores but never felt the need to check it out! It looks really intriguing, and I love the idea of the punishment-island sort of thing. I'll have to check it out! :DD

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!