Stacking the Shelves #28: February 1

Sunday 1 February 2015

This Week's Headlines:

Holy–it's February already! I bet that the year's going to fly by fast, which means that I'll get my 2015 releases quicker! (At least it'll feel quicker.) EXAMS ARE OVER! *screams happily* My last two really weren't that bad, and I'm anxious since I'll be finding out my results on Tuesday.

The sucky thing is that instead of doing a lot that I've been anticipating to do, I've caught the flu and am stuck in bed, with a huge headache and dizziness. -.- What a perfect time, huh? But I'm finding that I'm getting better, as I was feeling horrible on Friday. At least I'm able to blog and concentrate a little!

My Book Haul:



Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz: FINALLY. I've wanted this gorgeous pretty for the longest time and it's even better now that it's in paperback! And look at the amount of awards it has won! *gooey eyed*

Little White Lies by Katie Dale: I've been waiting for another book by Katie Dale for years—after reading Someone Else's Life, a MEGA-HUGE favourite of mine. This author takes the role of such amazing concepts, and I'm sure that this will be amazing!

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking: AGH AMANDA HOCKING IS BACK! Everything that this woman writes is a favourite of mine and the cover of this is so gorgeous I'm about to cry! ;_;

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: SOO... This book is what everyone's raving about. I haven't heard any negativity on this at all, and mental illness and depression is such a strong concept. 5 stars will probably be my rating, I can feel it.

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: MY BABY IS FINALLY MINE! You see, this one was very difficult to find since only a few rare bookstores had a copy or two. I'm so lucky that I found it! *goes to binge read it*


Posts You May Have Missed:

What are your newest bookish additions? Have you read any of mine?

4 comments :

  1. Lovely haul! I still haven't read All the Bright Places but I'm really looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy them all!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Oooo, definitely! The awesome thing is that there's also word of a movie? o_O This should be good! :)

      Delete
  2. FINALLY YOU GOT ARSTOTLE AND DANTE. I mean, I have no idea how long you've wanted it, I guess "for the longest time", but now you have it! I've seen it in B&N and it's just so pretty. I loved it. It's so worht all the awards it's won.

    I loved All The Bright Places, though it's not complete perfection, I actually read a conversation about a few people on Twitter not caring for the book much, so there definitely are the low ratings for it.

    I have These Broken Stars for the Kindle, but I've yet to read it. I haven't heard of the other books. I'll have to look them up.

    I've checked out (electronically): Can't Look Away, The Way We Bared Our Souls, The Law of Loving Others, Playlist For The Dead and Norwegian Wood.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL—no no, I've wanted it for a LOOONGGG time, way before it was actually released. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! It also looks really wise and indie, haha. I'm really glad that you enjoyed All the Bright Places! I heard it's going to be a movie so that's great. I've read Can't Look Away and it was fabulous! Enjoy!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!