Where I Get My Books From

Thursday 12 February 2015


Where I Get My Books From


 So I'm pretty much a total 'Plain Jane' when it comes to the places where I get my books from; it's not anything magical or special, haha. But I do feel like I've won the lottery when I come home with a huge haul of books piled in my hands and falling over the ground. *takes a deep breath* But it comes pretty simply and naturally, if you ask me.

1. Chapters/Indigo

Indigo/Chapters is probably the most magical place on this earth. No really, for you Americans this is like the 'Barnes and Noble,' except you guys have it a little better. (But our Starbucks in-store is so much better at Chapters, just saying.) This is my #1 go-to place for buying books. They have in-store kiosks where you can purchase your books without having to go to the counter and they have tons of locations so you're surely able to find what you're looking for somewhere near you.

This store has been with me since the start of my reading career, haha. I went from children's books to pre-teen books to YA, all in this one franchise. And if I want to pre-order something, they deliver straight to your home with free shipping if you spend over $25!


2. The Library


This is another magical place—especially to go to if the price of hardcovers are bugging me. And... They get new releases so quickly and I'm able to return something (without paying first), especially if I didn't enjoy the book in the first place. I obviously get upset if I read something with a 5 star rating and then I'm forced to return it... *cries*


3. Publishers


I LOVE PUBLISHERS AND WHEN THE UPS TRUCK COMES TO MY HOUSE AND DELIVERS ME MY GOODIES! No, seriously, I've worked so hard for me to review books and now it's all real. That's the best thing. Oh, and then there's also:


4. Edelweiss/Netgalley




These two are also fantastic goodie-givers. THEY'RE SO GENEROUS AS WELL! I normally use Edelweiss more often, though I did begin my blogging career with Netgalley. Either way, go for them.


5. Amazon


I don't use Amazon that often, though they sometimes have a ton of books for free and the Kindle deals are magnificent. If you have a Kindle like I do, then the best thing to invest in is ebooks from Amazon, and use WHISPERNET, as it delivers your ebook directly through the Cloud onto your device. It's perfect.

Where do you buy/get your books from?

10 comments :

  1. In the US I like to go for Barnes on Noble, local bookstores, Amazon, Book Outlet, NetGalley, and Edelweiss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Barnes and Noble, you lucky duck! :DD I totally agree, heh.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I actually did a similar post to this. But I basically I get my books from the same places as you (minus Chapter/Indigo). The site I've been using a slot lately is Book Outlet! It is SO awesome!! You should definitely check it out! Oh, and they're having a sale starting tomorrow, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Book Outlet! I actually live about an hour away from the actually store here, so I'm planning on going to it one day when I have time. I'm signed up with them but have never ordered anything yet! :D

      Delete
  3. Amazon is the best!! I usually buy books from there, but most of my books usually come from 1). Publishers 2). Giveaways 3). Me buying things impulsively via Amazon. It's a two-click purchase. Oops? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh, giveaways! I can say that I have good luck with those—I've won some and they're the best way to get books, especially if you don't see them coming. XD Amazon is so awesome!

      Delete
  4. Mostly from a local used book store. Occasionally, I stop by the library or Barnes & Noble, or just get something on sale from Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I actually don't have any local used bookstores nearby, but they sound so cool! Ah, yes! Walmart is so good for sales as well!

      Delete
  5. I love Chapters!! I normally buy online from Indigo though because they have better prices and often have sales~ Amazon was my go to place (I even have their credit card lol) but then I started using Indigo because I wanted to support Canadian business ;) I found that Indigo packages their books better too. Almost every order I got from Amazon came with some form of damage. It was very frustrating :( Indigo shrink-wrapped and put in bubble wrap into my last purchase and the books were in the best condition :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the buying online thing. Free shipping and better prices?—Absolutely! I think I've only ordered something from Amazon once (like physical copies) and it seemed okay, but the prices on Indigo are better and I stick to the Kindle stuff when on Amazon now. :D Indigo is simply the best! ^_^

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!