C is for... Cassandra Clare

Wednesday 3 April 2013
    
    Good evening, my fellow bookworms, and bloggers. Today is C Day, also known as my choice, Cassandra Clare, author of the popular Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices trilogy!
   The Mortal Instruments, the first series Cassie started to write, came out with its first book, City Of Bones, on March 27, 2007, from Margeret K. McElderry Books. The #1 New York Times bestseller starts off with Clary Fray, your average American teenager, going to a club called the Pandemonium. She'd never expect to see what had happened.. happen. She witnessed a murder committed by three teenagers with strange tattoos and weapons. Then, the body disappears. Clary realizes that the murderers are invisible, and that her best friend, Simon, cannot see them also. Clary had just met the Shadowhunters, warriors part-angel that fight and summon demons. One of those murderers was golden-haired, muscular Jace, who is instantly pulled into her world. Soon after, Clary's mother disappears, and Clary has to find out some answers to her questions, before it's too late. 
     City of Bones is one of my favourite series. It's captivating, thrilling, romantic, and everything in between. It throws you into Jace's and Clary's world, fighting and living the life. Every moment is a keepsake. You'll never forget this journey that takes you with it. 
   City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, and City of Lost Souls are all sequels to this novel, and all bring you closer and closer into finding that the Mortal Instruments series might be too good to be true, but they are. I won't give away anything, but all I could say, is please, please, please read this book, you won't regret it.
      Cassandra Clare's other series is The Infernal Devices, also known as the prequel to the Mortal Instruments. Clockwork Angel, the first book, was released on August 31, 2010 from the same publisher as The Mortal Instruments, Margeret K. McElderry Books. This book features Tessa Gray, a young American girl, whose out to England to look for her brother. Kidnapped by the Dark Sisters, members of the Pandemonium Club, Tessa learns that she is a Shadowhunter. She finds herself in love with two men, James, whose hiding a dark secret, and Will, who keeps everyone at arm's will. She soon finds herself helping her friends save the world, and becoming torn between love. All it takes is one choice... to change everything.
       Clockwork Angel is one of my favourites, also, of all time. The romance made my heart hurt, because I want something like that, and the thrill made me bite my nails to the tips. 
       Cassandra Clare is a stunning author. Every storyline she writes, makes her readers want more. The only thing is, girl, you gotta write quicker! I can't wait for City Of Heavenly Fire, and her next series! 

Cassandra Clare's books gave me a different point of view of life, in a different way, read it, and it will for you, too. 






11 comments :

  1. I enjoyed the Mortal Instruments more than Infernal Devices. I thought Jayce hotter than Jem or Will but I preferred Will to Jem . Yea, I like the guys more than the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Jackie! Jace is my favourite, then Will, then Jem! The guys are much better, though I like Tessa more than Clary. :) I can't wait until City of Heavenly Fire!

      Delete
  2. Clockwork Angel is on my TBR list. I'm excited to get into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to adore it! It's everything you'd want in a book!

      Delete
  3. Looks right up my alley, putting them on my list right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were going to pick this one for C! I just got Clockwork Princess yesterday. Couldn't resist for the cover to join my collection. Now if I can find the time to read it everything will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we have a lot in common with books! You are going to adore Clockwork Princess! It's the best out of the whole series! Also, don't read the family tree that's on the back of the cover, I read it while I was reading, and it spoiled the ending for me! :) Enjoy! See you soon!

      Delete
  5. As a former middle school teacher, it's interesting and fun for me to read about your favorites and to see your perspective on books. Warms my heart and gives me hope to know there are young people out there who are "greedy for books." Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I'm one of the only ones in my grade who actually reads a lot, so I understand that there isn't that many young adult book readers out there! Bookworms rule!

      Delete
    2. I've forwarded your blog to a young friend who is in grade 9 in Bakersfield, California. I'm sure she will be interested to see what's on your list. xoa

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!