B is for Books That Start With "B" (My favourites)

Tuesday 2 April 2013
    I just realized how much I love doing the A-Z Challenge! I only did it for one day, and I'm already having a blast! Today's the letter B, which means that I will be blogging about my favourite Books that start with B! So, here's a picture from my famous basement-library (yes, I know, obsessive much.) of my favourites! 



     Starting the top of the pile, in no particular order, is Bloom, by Elizabeth Scott!
Bloom is a 237 paged paperback book that was released on April 24, 2007. The cover features a brown-haired girl, with a white flower in her hair. Summary time! Bloom is about a teenage girl, named Lauren whose always had the perfect top-notch life. She's popular, has a hot boyfriend, decent grades and a best friend. When a new guy, Evan Kirkland, arrives to school, she can't stop staying away from him. She skips classes, lies to her friends, and denies many things. Lauren needs to make a choice, before one is chosen for her. I loved this book! I gave it a 5/5 star rating, because it deserved it. I had high expectations of this book, but they were even higher than I thought! Evan was perfection. His words to Lauren were like Romeo's to Juliet. Bloom truly made my heart quiver, and left me thinking about young love.

      Next stop, in Easton, Connecticut, we have The Book of Spells, by Kate Brian! The Book of Spells, is a young adult novel, published by Simon and Schuster, on December 21, 2010. The cover features, a young, black-haired girl, which looks like in a snowy-forest with her wearing a white dress. The book takes place in 1915, when sixteen-year old Eliza Williams is sent to the Billings School for Girls. As she gets used to being away from her rich, strict life, she and her housemates find out that they're witches. After finding an old spell book, they create a coven, searching for more secrets to their pasts. The girls find freedom and power, until when one of the spells have gone wrong. This book introduced me to paranormal-romance books! It was the beginning to them all, and I adored it. Kate Brian's words captivated me, and made me want more. 5/5 star rating. 

       Before I Fall, by the Delirium writer, Lauren Oliver was released on October 25, 2010 by HarperCollins with 470 pages. This book changed my life forever, but lemme tell you what it's about. Samantha Kingston has everything, just like Lauren in Bloom, popularity, money and the perfect boy. Friday February 12, was her last day to this life. Maybe for it all... The thing is, she wakes up the next morning, and finds out that each day is the same day all over again. February 12, each time she opens her life. Sam needs to figure out what had went wrong and solve the mystery of her life. Another favourite to the list! Before I Fall introduced me to Oliver's amazing books, and made me feel what Sam was feeling. 5/5 star rating.

        I always have loved Jen Calonita's books. This one was just another to add to the list! Belles was released on April 10, 2012 by Poppy, and is the perfect summer-road trip type of story. Isabelle Scott lives beside a boardwalk, where she's having a good life. When tragedy strikes, Isabelle has to move in to a long-lost uncle's home and start a whole new life there. Turns out, her uncle has a daughter, the same age as Issy, named Mirabelle. Mira doesn't want to share her life with an outsider, but soon after, they find a secret that will change their lives forever. The characters, plot, and meaning to this book had me thrilled, laughing, and crying at the same time! We can all tell that Jen added her passion into writing this, with meanings that will have you thinking. 5/5 stars.

        Big girls don't cry...... They make revenge. Burn For Burn, by another of my favourite authors, Jenny Han and her best friend, Siobhan Vivian, was girly, fun, and sassy. Probably a 5/5 star rating, right? Lilia, Mary, and Kat all have someone to get revenge from, someone who ruined their lives. When they all create a master plan, something to get down these people, they realize that consequences may overcome, but they'll have to achieve what's right. As I scrolled through the book, I found myself liking Kat's attitude, but Mary's sweetness, and Lillia's lifestyle. All three gals had something in them that WOW-ED me. I was very happy to hear that Fire To Fire would be released soon, another book to add to my to-read list. 

      Perfection is coming up! Between The Lines, by Jodi Picoult, and her daughter, Samantha Van Leer, stunned me, in a phenomenal way. Delilah always described herself as an outsider, a booknerd. She's always had an obsession with a particular fairy tale story, Between The Lines. It's always felt real to her. One day, it does. One day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. Delilah and Oliver need to figure out how to get Oliver out of the book, and maybe, an attraction between them, will overcome. Romantic, adventrous, thrilling, and perfect, Between The Lines went right to my favourites list. I WANT MORE!

       Last but not least, we have Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Beautiful Creatures is taken place in Gaitlin, where Ethan Wate never expects something BIG to happen in his small southern town, but it does. Lena Duchannes, new to town, has been in Ethan's dreams. Falling off a cliff, together. But, Ethan never saw her until that day. She's struggling to conceal a power, to break a curse between them, but no one would realize that they'd fall in love... Beautiful Creatures is one of my all-time favourites. A friend of mine recommended it, and I loved it, more than she did. It was haunting, romantic, and thrilling all through the story. I never wanted it to end, but it did. 5/5 stars.

All of these wonderful books put a meaning to my life, I hope, after this post, they will for you, too.


10 comments :

  1. It's always fun to talk books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweetie! Your table is so beautiful :'), as well as the books, darling. Happy reading!!
    -MS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, darling. Your blog is perfection. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  3. Hello, I'm dropping by from the A-Z challenge.

    Bloomin' 'eck, what a load of books begin with 'B'

    Looking forward to reading your comments about books throughout this challenge. It'll save me visiting the library.

    Best wishes
    Debbie
    http://writingworkshopsandcompetitions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The books look great! Your reviews make me want to go out and read all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all amazing! Thank you! I love to hear that people enjoy my reviews! :)

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!