G is for... John Green!

Monday 8 April 2013
 








     Today is the day I've been waiting for, forever! G is for... JOHN GREEN! Mr. Green has written 5 amazing novels, that has made the public WILD. From An Abundance of Katherines, to The Fault In Our Stars, to Looking For Alaska, to Paper Towns, to Will Grayson, Will Grayson, his books and words are an inspiration to others, including myself, because of his books' morals and mottos.
         According to alphabetical order, An Abundance of Katherines comes first. I have made a review for this one, An Abundance of Katherines but, I'll give you a little background info. An Abundance of Katherines was published on September 1, 2006, by Dutton Juvenile. The book starts off with Colin, who just became dumped by his girlfriend, Katherine. He's always had a special place for girls named Katherine, and that was his nineteenth one. His best friend, Hassan, is sick of his complaining and whining, so he decides to take Colin on a road trip to make him feel better. They end up in a rural town, Gunshot, in Tennessee. Colin decides that he's going to prove his theroem of underlying Katherine probability, which he hopes will predict any relationship ending. Love, friendship, and graves will put you to laughter and feel what Colin feels in this amazing story. 
         I'm obsessed with John Green novels, but as far, this one was the worst one, but with still a great rating, I must say. I give it a 4/5 star rating! Everyone, that's not a bad rating, let me repeat, not a bad rating. It made me laugh, and try to figure out all of those math equations!
          Next comes The Fault In Our Stars, which I gave a review for on Saturday. I'm not going to say nothing about it, other than I loved it, because you could always go to my post! F is for The Fault In Our Stars
             Looking For Alaska is another favourite, which I have to write an essay on, about the comparison of The Outsiders to this one, which I think is a perfect match, because there's drug use (alcohol, smoking) and have similar storylines, in a way. It was released on December 28, 2005, and was his first young adult novel. I loved it, because of the romance, thrill and that you feel everything the characters feel in the story. Psstt! Here's a link to my full review on this blog, Looking For Alaska
             Paper Towns. Yay! All of these books are some of my favourites, okay? It was released on October 16, 2008 by Dutton Juvenile with that quirky cover of Margo, smiling. Isn't there another cover with her crying? I have the one with the red pin, though. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT x10000... etc. Here's my review -----> Paper Towns
               Last, but not least, Will Grayson, Will Grayson. This one, I just got on Friday, actually, and I'm currently reading it! John also wrote it with David Levithan, another famous author. I can't wait to read it, after If I Stay. It was published on April 6, 2010 by Dutton Children. It's supposed to, from what I heard, be about two boys, with the same name, (obviously Will Grayson). One of them tries not to be noticed, and the other, goes through his life without anything good to hold onto besides an online friendship with someone who goes by the name Isaac. It sounds very interesting, doesn't it?


*All of these books sound great, and they are "AMAZING." So, why don't you give them a try?*
          

8 comments :

  1. I really need to read John Green. I own Alaska and Katherines, but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These books really do sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a nerdfighter! Just stopping by for the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have not read Green but he is on my must list this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!